Upgraded alternator recommendations, 12HT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, got a 55amp externally regulated alternator. Looking upgraded recommendations. Can this 55amp alternator get upgraded by a shop? Thanks

I upgraded mine from 55A to 70A a while back. Was a great move, I love it. The body is larger on the higher current models, so usually not an upgrade that can be done to an existing smaller current one.

Friend of mine here at work with an HDJ81 just upgraded his too. Again, larger body.

Not sure what's out there for the 2h/12ht engines....

I'm guessing you've got 12v setup... So I can't be of much help.
Maybe for others like me clicking into this thread hoping to find a 24v alternative.

I'm preparing for my internally regulated 24v alternator to go out, and all my research has led me into the Isuzu NPR truck alt, 24v alternator for 4hf1 engine.

Should be close to bolt in, and an upgrade over the oem 30\40a.

Still not 💯 sure, but I guess it's only one way to find out.

Amazon product ASIN B007P6GEFW

Is your engine 24v?

Crap, forgot to verify that :-( no it's 12V

It will be 12V, Its not easy finding an alternator for a 24v 12HT that is over 50amp. That was why I asked , I was thinking you had found the unicorn alternator for a JDM 24v

Last edited:
Back in the day I had a Hyundai Terracan Alt ( vacuum pump attached in the back ) on Tencha .. those are 120amps alt .. if you don't need the vacuum you are good to any other alt ..

It will be 12V, Its not easy finding an alternator for a 24v 12HT that is over 50amp. That was why I asked , I was thinking you had found the unicorn alternator for a JDM 24v

Did you see my post further up?
On the 24v NPR alternator?

Did you see my post further up?
On the 24v NPR alternator?

Yes, I worked that one out for myself a few years back, its a good swap. I was talking about an OEM unicorn. Yours is a lesser unicorn

Yes, I worked that one out for myself a few years back, its a good swap. I was talking about an OEM unicorn. Yours is a lesser unicorn

Cool! How did it mount up? Were your old one also internally regulator?

Cool! How did it mount up? Were your old one also internally regulator?

I was looking around for something for someone else, not for me. I found it in a catalog that gives all the dimensions and noticed it was a close fit, 24v and had a vac pump.

Maybe for others like me clicking into this thread hoping to find a 24v alternative.

I'm preparing for my internally regulated 24v alternator to go out, and all my research has led me into the Isuzu NPR truck alt, 24v alternator for 4hf1 engine.

Did you end up using this? How as it? I am trying to avoid buying a $600 alternator if I can.

Did you end up using this? How as it? I am trying to avoid buying a $600 alternator if I can.

No, haven't pulled the trigger. And I'm not sure yet, if i can find a cheap unit to test I'll do it.

What options have you found? Seen the one at Cruiserworld.eu?

No, haven't pulled the trigger. And I'm not sure yet, if i can find a cheap unit to test I'll do it.

What options have you found? Seen the one at Cruiserworld.eu?
Yeah looking at cruiser world but that’s $650 usd shipped... I may bite the bullet but I’m looking at options

Did you end up installing this alt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom