For Sale UPDATED: 1986 FJ60 Rebuilt 2F Maryland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
Update [10/06/20]: New gas tank installed (factory recall) with new seals, sender, return lines, new Koito H4 conversion kit, and I replaced the rear top hatch which was bubbling some rust around the window - sourced a nice rust-free Freeborn Red replacement, new OEM master and booster, new Remflex manifold gaskets, new vacuum hoses, new Saginaw PS pump installed, nice rust-free dent-free rear bumper installed.

[UPDATE 06/08/20: Just installed new grill, new headlight bezels, new stainless steel battery tray, and just got the notorious driver seat tear fixed at an upholstery shop; just got a nice used rear bumper this past weekend, and I'm installing a new Saginaw conversion PS pump this weekend]

Gonna let go of my 1986 FJ60. Less than 100 miles on a rebuilt stock 2F motor from Land Cruiser Heaven, rebuilt brake system (new discs, pads, calipers, drums, slaves, springs, shoes), rebuilt birfield seals, new bearings, new fluids, new muffler, new 31” Summit Trail Climbers, also has 5 lightly used 33x10.5x16 Buckshot Wide mudders on steel rims, new tie rod ends, has sunroof (no leaks), original 4speed, driver and passenger side vent windows (never seen em on any other FJ60), nice rust free front bumper with new caps and hardware. The rear bumper has a little rust through, the rear top hatch has some bubbling near the glass, paint is faded in some spots, but shines up really nice. Cold A/C. The reason I bought it was because of the lack of rust. The mechanical stuff is done, IMO.

This has been a work in progress for me, and I’ll keep working on it until it sells. The price will go up accordingly. Only selling to fund another project (see photos). This is a great candidate for someone who wants to tackle the cosmetics and enjoy it.

Looking for $18k. Located in Severna Park, Maryland. 1% of the sale to IH8MUD. This site and this community has been instrumental in my progress. It’s what makes wrenching on these all the more fun.

DEF5C6EF-1384-4F81-AB5E-BFEEA9A1F0A6.jpeg

992B10C7-DE6C-462E-926B-8A53F84CCDED.jpeg

9575094A-1737-418C-9F5E-07F1713E9441.jpeg

382833E8-EE5E-42F7-98A8-B72CB10F9917.jpeg

8562BD6B-37B4-48EA-A52A-20ADB85D2D9C.jpeg

Last edited:
Good luck with your sale. Truck looks good. Especially with the new 2F in it!
also, Love the Honda Element! I have own two of those. They are Awesome reliable little toasters!

Is that a BMW 1600 lurking in the back of the cruiser?

It is. Actually its a 1969 2002 awaiting its turn on the rotisserie, currently occupied by the 66 VW bus in the garage.

I got em used with the tires from a fellow Mudder in NC. I believe Summit Racing has them without the hubcap clips for a reasonable price.

Update [10/06/20]: New gas tank installed (factory recall) with new seals, sender, return lines, new Koito H4 conversion kit, and I replaced the rear top hatch which was bubbling some rust around the window - sourced a nice rust-free Freeborn Red replacement, new OEM master and booster, new Remflex manifold gaskets, new vacuum hoses, new Saginaw PS pump installed, nice rust-free dent-free rear bumper installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom