Update On my 1975 FJ40 its been a while! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As you mentioned, I also was considering changing my computer to use a base model Corvette/ Camaro computer that had manual transmission compatibility, and I have a part number to a computer that was recommended by a few tuners if needed. Brendan from LS1Swap initially thought that he would need to delete my VSS if we used my factory Escalade computer based on his past experience but he put the program into my computer and it seemed to accept it.

Soon I will be testing my 2008 Escalade computer with a 40 pulse VSS using a 2009 corvette tune, but with a modified program to match my injectors, MAF, etc. I won’t know whether this works for a bit as I have a ton of other things to do before I can drive it. Brendan also disabled the VVT. There is concern that a miss shift could cause clearance issues. I’m doubtful that this would happen based on my driving style but it’s a done deal, for now.

what you wrote is Interesting......one of the by-products of the auto transmission tune from the manual tune is when you let off the gas and shift, the engine RPMs do not react the same. Most of this has been tuned out but some remains lastly we are having problems with the power level once the RPMs are higher....will keep you all up to date in case you are doing a V8 swap

Your gonna love it.
I hope so,,, I'm over a 100K into it. "looks-wise" it's so cool, as mentioned before I will put coil spring on it from the 80's series so I know the ride will we "ironed" out. Once its done I will take it to a Cars and coffee in Ft Worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom