Update On my 1975 FJ40 its been a while! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need a driver-side "spring locking" part for the top of the ambulance door do not know what the part is called but somehow its missing! does nay one know where I could fined one? I have called all the places I know. Thanks its called

FJ40 Ambulance Door Linkage Base Lock​

BB58D67A-D590-4B76-9440-94B37AF2C9E5.JPG

download.jpg

Last edited:
I'd give Classic Cruisers a call, they may have what you need in the yard.

You might put a wanted ad in the classified section.

That paint job looks great!
Thank you! I just put the brand new top I had painted 2 years ago back in the paint shop. I'm changing the roof from the off-white paint to gloss black. I want it to be different and match the other trim pieces I had painted in black

has anyone ever ordered from this company? I did last night hopefully my bank account will not be drained empty as a result of it.

IMG_8333.jpg

Good luck, couldn't even find the name of the business. That seems like a warning sign to me.

Good luck, couldn't even find the name of the business. That seems like a warning sign to me.
Yes agreed......I put my visa info in and it never did go through my bank. I did however receive a tracking number. if this is fraud it sure is going the extra mile. I will let you all know if I get it or....get it..lol

We are about a week or 2 away from getting my FJ40 They are doing some ECU engine tuning. Also, I have to take it to a body shop to get the back corner window to sit flush ...not able to get the window in with the seal right.... Then I'm going to drive it if I do not like the ride I am going to do the 80 series coil suspension. What's another 10K when you have this much into the ride? I want it perfect

B5C7F597-002A-42B6-8A69-FC12C5D2434D.JPG

Do you know what the ecm programers did for the VSS ? or do you run a vss ? there is another build where the guy is having trouble deleting the vss on a vvt engine.

One of the biggest challenges on the ECU was the fact that I was using an automatic transmission truck 6.2L with its ECU and using it on a Manuel transmission. In retrospect, I should have gotten an ECU from a 6.2L Corvette with a manual transmission and I could have saved myself a lot of headaches...I'm still not in the clear. I may have to do this we will see..;)

The paint looks dull and that's because this is the first time in 3 years it has seen daylight, it and the engine have a lot of dust on it. I still have not wet sanded the paint and minor runs in the clear. I'm waiting for the end of this journey as you can see it will have a nice shine when I'm done.

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

One of the biggest challenges on the ECU was the fact that I was using an automatic transmission truck 6.2L with its ECU and using it on a Manuel transmission. In retrospect, I should have gotten an ECU from a 6.2L Corvette with a manual transmission and I could have saved myself a lot of headaches...I'm still not in the clear. I may have to do this we will see..;)

As you mentioned, I also was considering changing my computer to use a base model Corvette/ Camaro computer that had manual transmission compatibility, and I have a part number to a computer that was recommended by a few tuners if needed. Brendan from LS1Swap initially thought that he would need to delete my VSS if we used my factory Escalade computer based on his past experience but he put the program into my computer and it seemed to accept it.

Soon I will be testing my 2008 Escalade computer with a 40 pulse VSS using a 2009 corvette tune, but with a modified program to match my injectors, MAF, etc. I won’t know whether this works for a bit as I have a ton of other things to do before I can drive it. Brendan also disabled the VVT. There is concern that a miss shift could cause clearance issues. I’m doubtful that this would happen based on my driving style but it’s a done deal, for now.

Do you know what the ecm programers did for the VSS ? or do you run a vss ? there is another build where the guy is having trouble deleting the vss on a vvt engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom