Under hood lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.edmartintoyota.com
Quick video of our under hood light offering for new 200-series

Last edited:
Don't know why I was initially surprised to see them on the insulator...where else would they go? :doh:

Good work! 👍

Those work nice! Especially like that they have a red mode which helps save night vision. Wonder what light fixtures you're using. I could use them in the rear hatch.

1584061221459.png

Highly recommend these! I no longer need a flashlight at night. Great job Eric.
81C0B841-F718-4520-BB4A-59B658FE2480.jpeg
8B332A40-0683-45B6-AF11-0FB845DA2FE9.jpeg

Those look great, Eric! Nice work. Also just noticed your YT video comparing the ARB storage boxes vs the Trexbox ones. I have a couple of questions on that comparison. I'll PM you.

Quick video of our under hood light offering for new 200-series

Eric, I just ordered a pair of these but focused on the mounting. Are those glued to the hood liner or bolted through with backing washers and shortened studs.

wonder what the output is. Whalen website doesn’t specify.
I’ve been debating these.
The KC Cyclones (which comes as a kit for under the hood).
And the cheaper LED strip method which might give better spread.

I also ordered some Luna LED strips for the rear cargo area. I may see if these would fit and do well in the engine bay too. But leaning toward the cyclones for now.

wonder what the output is. Whalen website doesn’t specify.
I’ve been debating these.
The KC Cyclones (which comes as a kit for under the hood).
And the cheaper LED strip method which might give better spread.

I also ordered some Luna LED strips for the rear cargo area. I may see if these would fit and do well in the engine bay too. But leaning toward the cyclones for now.
Found this in a Whelen flyer: https://manualzz.com/doc/11638909/3-round--super-led-lighthead-”

3SRCCDCR
...Compartment light,
combination red/white,
.31 amps 140 lumens red,
.31 amps 250 lumens white

i need to get better at searching

as a comparison the KC are 600 Lumens

But the color change option is nice
KC you have to swap the lens...

Why would I need this if my LC 200 is never ever ever ever going to breakdown? lol j/k ........ its added to my mod list

Why would I need this if my LC 200 is never ever ever ever going to breakdown? lol j/k ........ its added to my mod list
Running the compressor, winch etc. checking oil in the dark 🤷

Or mainly because it was there.

I do find underhood lights handy. Not so much for breakdowns, but just even general servicing in the garage. Helps to light up the compressor air port underhood in night wheeling.

I kept it simple. A single manual switch (you can see in red at the right). Used rock lights mounted with double sided tape. Cheap and easy mod.

1599237904319-png.2425990

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom