un-welding my Bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Bumpers on my 60 aren't exactly stock -

IMG_1866.jpg

I'm going to try to take them off tomorrow. The problem is that they are 2X4 steel stock :eek: and they're welded right to the frame arms that the factory bumper bolts to. I have air tools, including an Air hammer and Die Grinder, i have cut off wheels and these carbide burrs that I bought from HF that go in the die grinder. If i had a torch or a plasma cutter we'd be in business, but no such luck. I just want to grind out the welds, and get these off of there.

What do you guys think. I have replacement OEM bumpers coming so i want to save the frame.

Edit - some of the welds are in tight spaces like the inside of the frame channel.....

Last edited:
Sawzall...Cut that bitch off right at the frame brackets, and that should give you access to the tight spaces.

Sawzall...Cut that bitch off right at the frame brackets, and that should give you access to the tight spaces.
Howdy! Ain't no easy way, since it is welded in the tight spots. I would cut up the 2x4 as close as possible to the frame, and then use the die grinder/cuttoff wheels to clean it up. One of those 4 or 4.5 inch electric grinders from HF will go right thru that bumper. John

I have a Sawzall, and cut off wheels, so i think that will work, Say bye bye!:flipoff2:

Thanks Guys!

I am fairly sure those were factory bumpers options in arkansas or Mississippi;)

what type of body lift did you use? I have heard some people are useing hockey pucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom