Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1989 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ71
Indianapolis, Indiana
165000 KM
Japan 10/1989
Drive every chance I get

image.jpg

image.jpg

Black Cruiser -- 1993 KZJ70
Blue Cruiser -- 1999 FZJ105
Gray Cruiser -- 1986 BJ74
White Cruiser -- 1988 BJ73
Red Cruiser -- 1987 BJ75
(The Red BJ42 used to be mine but was traded away.)

Last edited:
Very nice! Can we get some more photos of the 70 with the 17" Sequoia rims? Was considering going with those on my truck but haven't found any photos of 70s outfitted with them.

As the numbers increase, those with mechanical and parts knowledge, (notice I didn't mention my name here) will hopefully be able to assist those who own these rare vehicles in the U.S. :)
There was a time when the U.S. 70 Series owners could have held their annual meeting in a phone booth. That fortunately is no longer the case. (We now require an entire IHOP)

Last edited:
Wow, we've expanded from Waffle House to IHOP!

What IHOP are we meeting in and when? I'll be there. ;)

Last edited:
Wow, we've expanded from Waffle House to IHOP!

What IHOP are we meeting in and when? I'll be there. ;)
They just opened up a brand new IHOP in my hometown. :)

They just opened up a brand new IHOP in my hometown. :)
RE 7X Kruiser Klub IHOP Meeting - If invited, I would be proud to attend. Just need a little advance notice, as its a 6,000 mile round trip...

RE 7X Kruiser Klub IHOP Meeting - If invited, I would be proud to attend. Just need a little advance notice, as its a 6,000 mile round trip...
With that big giant Chevy powerplant you should be able to knock that out in a few hours. The pancakes will still be warm.
;)

With that big giant Chevy powerplant you should be able to knock that out in a few hours. The pancakes will still be warm.;)
I did not opt for the manly 6.0 or 6.2 motors, but instead selected the ecologically / politically correct 5.3. As such, Mr. Google tells me 40 driving hours at or below the legal limit.

Pancakes are ok, but I am more interested in sausage gravy, since we do not have good goo in greater Seattle area.

7X tech - be careful with all that power Ward, you don't want to "Waffle House"* the front axle ....

* A Southern term for badly broken derived from hashbrowns served scattered and smothered at Waffle House (aka, skatterd and splatterd - that is correct Southern spallen - when referring to driveline parts). In usage - "He really Waffle Housed the hub on that ledge!" :hillbilly:

7X tech - be careful with all that power Ward, you don't want to "Waffle House"* the front axle ....

* A Southern term for badly broken derived from hashbrowns served scattered and smothered at Waffle House (aka, skatterd and splatterd - that is correct Southern spallen - when referring to driveline parts). In usage - "He really Waffle Housed the hub on that ledge!" :hillbilly:
Weights and balances is a frequent topic of discussion hereabouts. Front/rear and Left/Right, new bumper/winch, aluminum block, etc. What is not so easy to manage is the driver's TARE weight. May need some passenger side ballast after two weeks of road food, including IHOP gravy.

In the event @Delancy doesn't have his Portagee gasser on the road yet, perhaps I can provide transport and use him for ballast. :)

So how big is the parking lot at the destination? In the event of oversubscription, I would hate to see a geriatric riot break out over parking.

Also, may need room for "flex contests"

upload_2015-1-20_12-10-49.png

Are you saying my ass is fat, Ward?
No way, Chris. Given the size of my butt, there is NO WAY I would comment upon that of a Cruiser Brother.

Tech:
That said, your rig does sit a little low in the rear....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom