Registry U.S. 70's Registration. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Be glad to. With decent traffic, my office is only 20 minutes away in the 200 .... 45 minutes with the all powerful 3B ;)
But your "cool factor" is greatly enhanced when you drive the 70 Series. No one ever walks up to you when you are driving the 200 Series and says "man that is one cool Jeep". :)

But your "cool factor" is greatly enhanced when you drive the 70 Series. No one ever walks up to you when you are driving the 200 Series and says "man that is one cool Jeep". :)
Very true ... Had someone ask me what model Land Cruiser it was on Sunday. At least he could read on the top that it was a LC!

Last edited:
Elkaholic, technically speaking Charles are always in the shadows. A lunar eclipse or something has to happen before he takes one of them out and lets the sun touch the paint.
;)
Even then, I am sure the sun does not touch it. It is interesting that Turkey feathers and blood can touch the paint but not sun. ;)

Even then, I am sure the sun does not touch it. It is interesting that Turkey feathers and blood can touch the paint but not sun. ;)
I can wash off the blood but I can't take a chance with the depleted ozone layer.

1986 LJ70, Greensboro, NC
FrontRt.jpg

High roof?

Here's an image of my truck at the Top of the World on the Kokopelli Trail in Utah. It (sort of) shows the Metal Tech sliders. Thank you Stan Wright for taking and sharing this cool pic and for co-leading this fantastic trip!
Peter
Whoa, whoa, whoa...details on that soft top please?!

Here's an image of my truck at the Top of the World on the Kokopelli Trail in Utah. It (sort of) shows the Metal Tech sliders. Thank you Stan Wright for taking and sharing this cool pic and for co-leading this fantastic trip!
Peter

What spacer width are you running with the FZJ80 wheels?

Peter

Damn Peter, that truck is absolutely perfect.

Man!

Wow everyone, thank you for the kind words!
Frenchie - Brian (bvissers on the forum) designed a top for his truck and had it fabricated. He was kind enough to take and forward many photos that my local shop used to fabricate mine. It works well and I enjoy being able to take it off when I get to the trail.

Nigel - thank you!

CDan - I originally tried 1/4" but they were just not enough. I now use 1" OPOR spacers with no problem.

Onur - that's high praise coming from you.

Yoop - thanks! When you finally get your truck on the road, let's wheel!

Charles - resizing photos takes time. When you meet me for a wheeling trip, you can take all the photos you like!

Thanks again!
Peter

CDan - I originally tried 1/4" but they were just not enough. I now use 1" OPOR spacers with no problem.

Good info. I am running 80 Series steel wheels with the same offset. I am using Spidertrax 1.5 inch spacers and 285/75/16 BFGs. I went with 1.5 inch because the previous wheels had 3 5/8 backspace and the rear tires brushed the inner wheel housings harder than I was comfortable with. Your effective backspace is 3.5 inches and mine is 3.0 inches. What size tires are you running?

Any sidewall rubbing on the rear inner wheel housings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom