Tyre / Tire life ? Why does the auto industry keep try to promote that they go 'bad' in 5 years? Especially for very expensive 4wd and similar tyres? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thailand has the biggest rubber plantation. Michelin had one in vietnam, 31k acres..usually poor countries to supply the rich
Sad that there is always a 'biggest loser' in every large commercial venture. Same with the conflict minerals required to make battery modules for electric vehicles.

They pack soil in tires, stack them like bricks, and live in them. Very strong and energy efficient.

Now, if they mandated that the tires are up-cycled instead of recycled, it would probably put a whole bunch of people out of business. Could you imagine only just buying a roof, a slab, some infrastructure, a pile of rebar, and a roof.
yeah I do this at my bush block, (hard to keep up with the amount of tyres tho!) but if lots of houses were allowed to be constructed this way , it would be excellent.

Next door the new houses are rendered polystyrene, I am not convinced at all by their longevity or fire safety, even if they it has flame retardant (which is nasty stuff too)

Internet is empty. If you can get anything good. Look up Taos Earthships in New Mexico.
yes! I like the earthship design, well aware of them. It is difficult to get 'permission' from the authorities to build in such a manner in Oz. Oz likes paperwork, regulations, insurance and rules, employs lots of people.

I am building a little something in the middle of no where and use what folks throw out. Minimal cement. No permits.

It is interesting. I can't even find a landfill. I know of no such feature anywhere around me. We had landfills, now we have transfer stations. There is supposedly one about sixty miles away, but the erosion from the satellite image at the edge of the landfill looks fake. Also questionable are those open air ponds of various colors. Huge expanses of soil devoid of vegetation, like weeds can't colonize it, and the capping material looks just like the soil from the neighboring parcel. Coiuld be subjective interpretation, but, where does the trash and recycling go? YouTube investigated the tire mystery, couldn't find a single active recycler (not hoarder) anywhere in the world. Huh? Glass, that is easy, but, paper, plastic, tires metal, I don't know.

Several Sydney councils send their rubbish by train to a disused open-cut tin mine side near Canberra where it's dumped. There are two trains daily leaving from two different locations in Sydney to the place. Talk about making your household rubbish someone else's problem. Tyres have been an environmental problem from day dot.

A company here in Australia called RedCycle just got in very big trouble because instead of recycling soft-plastics collected via collection points at Coles and Woolworths supermarkets, none of it has been processed and it's all just been stockpiled in warehouses. Australia used to 'export' all it's plastics recycling to China, but China stopped accepting it because shipments kept arriving 'contaminated'.

The 7 yr old tyres on my 80 have minimal wear after almost 100 k km's of use, but now I just have to 'throw them out' and get new tyres. The tyre problem is not solved by electric vehicles either, and because electric vehicles are in the main heavier than their non-EV brothers and sisters, tyres on EV's will wear out sooner and any bet the industry will start pushing replacement after 3 or 4 years for ev's.

Several Sydney councils send their rubbish by train to a disused open-cut tin mine side near Canberra where it's dumped. There are two trains daily leaving from two different locations in Sydney to the place. Talk about making your household rubbish someone else's problem. Tyres have been an environmental problem from day dot.

A company here in Australia called RedCycle just got in very big trouble because instead of recycling soft-plastics collected via collection points at Coles and Woolworths supermarkets, none of it has been processed and it's all just been stockpiled in warehouses. Australia used to 'export' all it's plastics recycling to China, but China stopped accepting it because shipments kept arriving 'contaminated'.

The 7 yr old tyres on my 80 have minimal wear after almost 100 k km's of use, but now I just have to 'throw them out' and get new tyres. The tyre problem is not solved by electric vehicles either, and because electric vehicles are in the main heavier than their non-EV brothers and sisters, tyres on EV's will wear out sooner and any bet the industry will start pushing replacement after 3 or 4 years for ev's.
The open cut dump in canberra is classic bogan oz, out at the back of the township for all to see. Soft plastic blows in the wind all around it, bewildering the roos. Big shame. Cucumbers last at least 3x longer if wrapped in plastic.
Only the ski people may notice it if they weren't too busy looking in the mirror whilst zipping up to the snow in their amg merc 4wds.
Canberra is a hole, amazing how many brothels are there, quite the reflection of our leaders and politicians. The mini series 'Rake' sums up our legal and political realm brilliantly. Well intentioned dumb luck characters, mixed with some totally selfish aholes.

The soft plastic stock pile reminds me of how our old valve tv's got shipped to Africa, then the kids there burnt the tvs to get the copper. Also the tragic stock pile explosion in Lebanon.

Bang on that ev's shall use rubber even more. The green wash people don't want to hear negative.
Must admit , I probably do 100k kms within 5 years. Why monitoring fuel consumption is important to me.

They have to enforce manufacturers to be responsible. We the consumer, unfortunately, shall have to pay for their responsibility.
Never in history has it become more obvious that humans need to be responsible as the population swells and consumes.

Each generation shall have to pay more than the previous to maintain the same lifestyle and privileges. And we do.
Definitely more homeless than ever.

EV's will really drive home the social divide of the haves and the have-nots. The 'haves' will be all pro-EV, pro home solar, pro home battery, etc. while the have nots won't have that stuff and will keep driving petrol and diesel vehicles.

The haves will ignore all the environmental costs of their 'clean living' agenda. Try making the 'haves' live in houses in suburbia made from rammed earth tyre walls with limited or no mains water, gas, electricity (ie. mostly or fully 'off grid' and tell them they cannot charge their EV from a generator, etc. at home.

One of my cars has tyres made in Australia in 2009 when Bridgestone still ran it's factory in Adelaide Australia. Those tyres have zero wear (as the car they're on is a classic under resto that has been driving very little in 10 years). They would be deemed 'illegal' because of their age, despite having no wear. So total junk, despite being Aussie-made Bridgestone's.

My 80 series has tyres made in 2015. So they're 7 yrs old. I rotate the wheels every 5 to 10 k km's to even out wear.

I'd guestimate that an EV version of the same vehicle that's made in petrol or diesel power is 10 to 30 pct heavier with current EV tech. That means tyres wear out 25 pct (on average) faster, so that means EV's will require new tyres every 3 to 4 years for 'safety'.

As a 'have not' person not owning his own house and not having any financial resources, buying a new set of tyres is a very big deal. I've never bought a new new vehicle and I prefer to invest in new oldstock genuine parts for a used vehicle, but of course 'used' tyres unless they are less than 2 or 3 yrs old would be hard to justify.

Interestingly most 4wd tyres of the good brands are 'light truck' tyres, with suitably rugged design and construction. They are meant to take a beating, travel long distances, and get used for a large amount of road km's. They are also meant to support high loads. A normal 4wd or ute here can legally be up to 4.5 tonnes gvm and be driven on a normal class C 'car' license. Some of the bigger ones (like the RAM trucks, etc.) are very close to that rating so they are big heavy things. But have appropriate tyres.

I've never heard of a car maker telling a new owner, or have ever seen it written in a vehicle owners manual, that tyres 'expire' after 5 years. Maybe some do have notes about tyre life but usually that's not considered wiithin the vehicle owner's remit to 'understand'. Same as people do not get taught how to do basic vehicle maintenance when they buy a new car, nor is it the law anywhere that a person much be 'qualified' in basic maintenance to hold a drivers license. ;)

EV's will really drive home the social divide of the haves and the have-nots. The 'haves' will be all pro-EV, pro home solar, pro home battery, etc. while the have nots won't have that stuff and will keep driving petrol and diesel vehicles.

The haves will ignore all the environmental costs of their 'clean living' agenda. Try making the 'haves' live in houses in suburbia made from rammed earth tyre walls with limited or no mains water, gas, electricity (ie. mostly or fully 'off grid' and tell them they cannot charge their EV from a generator, etc. at home.

One of my cars has tyres made in Australia in 2009 when Bridgestone still ran it's factory in Adelaide Australia. Those tyres have zero wear (as the car they're on is a classic under resto that has been driving very little in 10 years). They would be deemed 'illegal' because of their age, despite having no wear. So total junk, despite being Aussie-made Bridgestone's.

My 80 series has tyres made in 2015. So they're 7 yrs old. I rotate the wheels every 5 to 10 k km's to even out wear.

I'd guestimate that an EV version of the same vehicle that's made in petrol or diesel power is 10 to 30 pct heavier with current EV tech. That means tyres wear out 25 pct (on average) faster, so that means EV's will require new tyres every 3 to 4 years for 'safety'.

As a 'have not' person not owning his own house and not having any financial resources, buying a new set of tyres is a very big deal. I've never bought a new new vehicle and I prefer to invest in new oldstock genuine parts for a used vehicle, but of course 'used' tyres unless they are less than 2 or 3 yrs old would be hard to justify.

Interestingly most 4wd tyres of the good brands are 'light truck' tyres, with suitably rugged design and construction. They are meant to take a beating, travel long distances, and get used for a large amount of road km's. They are also meant to support high loads. A normal 4wd or ute here can legally be up to 4.5 tonnes gvm and be driven on a normal class C 'car' license. Some of the bigger ones (like the RAM trucks, etc.) are very close to that rating so they are big heavy things. But have appropriate tyres.

I've never heard of a car maker telling a new owner, or have ever seen it written in a vehicle owners manual, that tyres 'expire' after 5 years. Maybe some do have notes about tyre life but usually that's not considered wiithin the vehicle owner's remit to 'understand'. Same as people do not get taught how to do basic vehicle maintenance when they buy a new car, nor is it the law anywhere that a person much be 'qualified' in basic maintenance to hold a drivers license. ;)
exactly! bigger divides between haves and have nots. At least there is not too much animosity here on mud, but there is a noticeable gap. Guessing that many haves would simply take no notice of your original post. Not their problem.(?)

Some melbourne family in-laws were shocked when they went to L.A. for holiday confronted by the amount of homeless recently. Their narrow life view made them childishly ask, 'what's the matter with them, why don't they just get a job..?' They couldn't conceive they are very privileged and lucky.
Classic 'Kath and Kim', I want to be effluent mum, effluent!
Thankfully since then, they have reflected and do some volunteer work for homeless soup kitchens.

I love the story of the real life experience that cuba went through. How so many beautiful old cars were kept going through resilience and basic ingenuity, frozen in time. Doctors around the world were forced to admire their public health system.

Totally agree that old stuff was made better, greater integrity.

So what are you going to do?

I admit , I put off getting tyres. I keep an eye out for good used ones, sometimes you get lucky as someone wants to get bigger tyres and gets rid of their perfectly good old ones which have another 80k kms to go. Pro mechanics and tyre folks get frustrated with this too. No need. Or tyres from a ride off.

It is super frustrating, I am often confronted with 'new' poor quality. I bang on about manufacturers should be forced to make repairable and or quality stuff...tyres is just one aspect, one we all need.

Australia has 19 million cars registered, 26 million population, everyone has at least one car virtually. Steel on steel transport is most part ignored. No way they can make that many batteries and electricity for everyone, let alone the tyre problem.

Your post is most timely and important. Just in the last weeks some dodgy tyre dealer dumped a whole lot of old tyres in the bush, made it to the main stream news.

exactly! bigger divides between haves and have nots. At least there is not too much animosity here on mud, but there is a noticeable gap. Guessing that many haves would simply take no notice of your original post. Not their problem.(?)

Some melbourne family in-laws were shocked when they went to L.A. for holiday confronted by the amount of homeless recently. Their narrow life view made them childishly ask, 'what's the matter with them, why don't they just get a job..?' They couldn't conceive they are very privileged and lucky.
Classic 'Kath and Kim', I want to be effluent mum, effluent!
Thankfully since then, they have reflected and do some volunteer work for homeless soup kitchens.

I love the story of the real life experience that cuba went through. How so many beautiful old cars were kept going through resilience and basic ingenuity, frozen in time. Doctors around the world were forced to admire their public health system.

Totally agree that old stuff was made better, greater integrity.

So what are you going to do?

I admit , I put off getting tyres. I keep an eye out for good used ones, sometimes you get lucky as someone wants to get bigger tyres and gets rid of their perfectly good old ones which have another 80k kms to go. Pro mechanics and tyre folks get frustrated with this too. No need. Or tyres from a ride off.

It is super frustrating, I am often confronted with 'new' poor quality. I bang on about manufacturers should be forced to make repairable and or quality stuff...tyres is just one aspect, one we all need.

Australia has 19 million cars registered, 26 million population, everyone has at least one car virtually. Steel on steel transport is most part ignored. No way they can make that many batteries and electricity for everyone, let alone the tyre problem.

Your post is most timely and important. Just in the last weeks some dodgy tyre dealer dumped a whole lot of old tyres in the bush, made it to the main stream news.

here is another use for old tyres! it was all throw away stuff, kids are happier and I didn't have to spend. Two years of intermittent use, so not bad mileage for free.
1672617174280.png

When you consider that a buyer in Australia gets charged a 'fee' for disposal of used tyres (around $5 a tyre), that means every person getting a full set of tyres pays either $20 or $25 depending if they get 4 or 5 new tyres on top of the cost to supply and fit the new ones.

If your average suburban tyre/wheel shop replaces 100 tyres a day, that's up to $500 day in 'disposal levy'. if the tyre shop opens 6 days a week that's up to $3000 in 'disposal levy' a week. If the tyre shop opens every week of the year and the staff never get a holiday, that's up to $156,000 a year just in 'disposal levy'.

If a big Australian city like Sydney which has 100 tyre shops (I have no idea of the actual number), that's a total 'disposal levy' based on every tyre shop doing 100 new tyres a day opening 6 days a week of up to $15,600,000. My guestimate is that Sydney would have a lot more tyre shops than 100.

But just think about that for a minute. The disposal levy alone is $15 million at a bare minimum just for Sydney over the course of a year. Increase it by a factor of ten to include all tyre shops in all of Australia in all cities and towns, and you're now at $156,000,000 million. Is the commercial profit appeal of 'tyre recycling' starting to become clear now?

I have no idea what the value of new tyres sold in Australia per year is, but 1000 tyre shops over all of Australia replacing 100 tyres a day 6 days a week is replacing a very conservative 31,200,000 tyres a year.

The cheapest chinese made tyres for cars are in the $75 to $100 range, and the very expensive top brand 4wd tyres are in the $300 to $400 range for more common sizes. So lets say $200 per tyre is the average price of every new light vehicle tyre sold in Australia.

That's 31,200,000 x $200 = $6,240,000,000 at RRP. Take off GST of 10 percent (1/11th of the RRP), and you get RRP ex-GST of close to $5.672,000,000.

There is no way tyre shops pay anything like what retail customers get charged to buy tyres from a wholesaler/distributor/importer. No tyres are made in Australia - so ever single day of the year there are massive numbers of container loads of new tyres arriving off ships.

And every day there are a huge number of used tyres being 'scrapped' and every single customer of a place fitting new tyres get charged a disposal fee of around $5 per tyre.

Tyres are a well-defined 'problem waste' and if the industry wasn't legally bound to charge a 'disposal levy' where would all the used tyres end up? Not recycled!

----

Tyrepower has around 270 retail outlets in Australia

Jax Tyres has 88

Bob Jane has 134

There are a large number of independent and very-small chain tyre retailers plus indie mechanic shops that do tyres and wheel alignments.

----

Tyres are just a small part of whole automotive transport value chain.

If I got the maths wrong please jump in and correct the numbers.

When you consider Australia is approx 1/10 th population of the USA multiply all the numbers by 10 for the US market and perhaps factor in an element for currency differences, and tyres being cheaper in the US anyway due to the market scaling factor...

Last edited:
When you consider that a buyer in Australia gets charged a 'fee' for disposal of used tyres (around $5 a tyre), that means every person getting a full set of tyres pays either $20 or $25 depending if they get 4 or 5 new tyres on top of the cost to supply and fit the new ones.

If your average suburban tyre/wheel shop replaces 100 tyres a day, that's up to $500 day in 'disposal levy'. if the tyre shop opens 6 days a week that's up to $3000 in 'disposal levy' a week. If the tyre shop opens every week of the year and the staff never get a holiday, that's up to $156,000 a year just in 'disposal levy'.

If a big Australian city like Sydney which has 100 tyre shops (I have no idea of the actual number), that's a total 'disposal levy' based on every tyre shop doing 100 new tyres a day opening 6 days a week of up to $15,600,000. My guestimate is that Sydney would have a lot more tyre shops than 100.

But just think about that for a minute. The disposal levy alone is $15 million at a bare minimum just for Sydney over the course of a year. Increase it by a factor of ten to include all tyre shops in all of Australia in all cities and towns, and you're now at $156,000,000 million. Is the commercial profit appeal of 'tyre recycling' starting to become clear now?

I have no idea what the value of new tyres sold in Australia per year is, but 1000 tyre shops over all of Australia replacing 100 tyres a day 6 days a week is replacing a very conservative 31,200,000 tyres a year.

The cheapest chinese made tyres for cars are in the $75 to $100 range, and the very expensive top brand 4wd tyres are in the $300 to $400 range for more common sizes. So lets say $200 per tyre is the average price of every new light vehicle tyre sold in Australia.

That's 31,200,000 x $200 = $6,240,000,000 at RRP. Take off GST of 10 percent (1/11th of the RRP), and you get RRP ex-GST of close to $5.672,000,000.

There is no way tyre shops pay anything like what retail customers get charged to buy tyres from a wholesaler/distributor/importer. No tyres are made in Australia - so ever single day of the year there are massive numbers of container loads of new tyres arriving off ships.

And every day there are a huge number of used tyres being 'scrapped' and every single customer of a place fitting new tyres get charged a disposal fee of around $5 per tyre.

Tyres are a well-defined 'problem waste' and if the industry wasn't legally bound to charge a 'disposal levy' where would all the used tyres end up? Not recycled!

----

Tyrepower has around 270 retail outlets in Australia

Jax Tyres has 88

Bob Jane has 134

There are a large number of independent and very-small chain tyre retailers plus indie mechanic shops that do tyres and wheel alignments.

----

Tyres are just a small part of whole automotive transport value chain.

If I got the maths wrong please jump in and correct the numbers.
this is grouse! we can fuel each other's fire.

comes back to gross domestic product, GDP. includes rubbish. The economists want a bigger GDP, literally wanting it to grow every year, for ever.

Big trouble is the 'green wash' is caught in the gdp, rather than truly the environment. So and so many solar panels sold, then upgraded in 10 years for example..
and then there is planned obsolescence, technology. The newest iphone available in 5 years is already waiting on the shelf. They can appealingly call it endangered 'snow leopard', as if they care, bloody bs. As long as they get the cobalt from Africa, doesn't matter how many kids die there.
There are a few big businesses turning the page as they have realized they can make a buck from the green wash. It is very sickening.

Maybe, hopefully, one day, the economy and manufacturers shall be forced only to make good stuff responsibly. And be responsible for after life recycle/disposal.

The 'tyre disposal' levy is basically a 'please ignore the modern slave labour conditions present at all levels of tyre production' fee.

Imagine if Australia had to import all of it's coal for electricity - the stupid irony is that it would probably cost less than mining it in Australia and paying real Australian wages which is the same reason fuel is mostly imported except for VIC and WA that still have functionining refineries. But I don't see coal miners rushing to adopt electric vehicles to support their own industry. Now the Australian government has forced a cap of $125 per tonne for coal for domestic energy production for a period of 12 months.

Bridgestone shut down it's Adelaide factory in 2010. But we don't see the 'tyre industry' exporting used tyres back to the point of manufacturing to be recycled. There are no rubber plantations in Australia. But Australia has several steelworks.

Because Australia has to import all tyres for both light and heavy vehicles, there's probably no locally sourced/producted materials going into making them but the problem of dealing with used tyres is dumped squarely only domestic governments and industries to deal with (or not).

When they start putting regenerative braking in an already proven electric vehicles like diesel locomotives, then consider EV as a viable technology. @ 17:40

Until then, they can't afford the fires, or chemical exposure, on a train locomotive. A green world is incompatible with the mines or its water, much less the manufacture and recycling. I think that they will just run combustion engines on synthetic fuels like alcohol and gasoline, made from solar-generated-electricity. The battery bank is unrealistic when you compare it to a liquid fuel tank that is only 1/12 of the mass of the air used/burnt for doing work.

The 'tyre disposal' levy is basically a 'please ignore the modern slave labour conditions present at all levels of tyre production' fee.

Imagine if Australia had to import all of it's coal for electricity - the stupid irony is that it would probably cost less than mining it in Australia and paying real Australian wages which is the same reason fuel is mostly imported except for VIC and WA that still have functionining refineries. But I don't see coal miners rushing to adopt electric vehicles to support their own industry. Now the Australian government has forced a cap of $125 per tonne for coal for domestic energy production for a period of 12 months.

Bridgestone shut down it's Adelaide factory in 2010. But we don't see the 'tyre industry' exporting used tyres back to the point of manufacturing to be recycled. There are no rubber plantations in Australia. But Australia has several steelworks.

Because Australia has to import all tyres for both light and heavy vehicles, there's probably no locally sourced/producted materials going into making them but the problem of dealing with used tyres is dumped squarely only domestic governments and industries to deal with (or not).
now, yes! the import / export in Oz is a classic scenario of drain the future economy short term-ism. We wholesale our raw exports and buy it back as a retail product! Like Steel for cars and down to wheat for 2 minute noodles for example. Very little is made here. Let alone how shipping is subsidised, what is the carbon cost of the noodles where the wheat is grown in Oz, shipped to indonesia where it is made into noodles, then shipped back? I heard a farmer say the indonesians love our wheat, I say bs, we have come to love ready made stuff as a nation.

I consider the housing sprawl as people farms, all slaves to the bank where the malls foster mindless consumerist mono culture. Let alone inane tic toc bs, many available versions of 'brave new world's' 'soma' , here , have a little to calm down, stop thinking. Opiates for the masses.

Manufacturing in Oz used to be excellent, quality was good. They use to cast an aftermarket 2h cylinder head in Oz, little kangaroo proudly displayed in the casting for example. Wages were fair and hours were fair.

But there is little gov support for manufacturing in Oz anymore. Taxes, pollution regulation, bureaucratic red tape can't be competed against a country who's factory has no regulations upon hot dip galvanizing pollution.

A really dumb thing to do is privatise public transport and utilities like electricity, communications, gas, the stuff that everyone needs. (like a car or tyres) A private company shall not keep the country's population in consideration, the government should.

Norway was much more clever in ensuring the raw materials belonged to the nation, they all benefit from it today in Norway.

But it has been a combination of calamities and short sighted, selfish relationships between big ceo's and politicians. Current and future economic tigers of countries hungry for what the first world has, and are prepared to work for less with longer hours. It reduces the consuming country to an economy of 'services', hair dressers, car detailers, delivery, fork lift drivers, tourism, real estate agents...which has no long term future.
A factory is worth more for real estate value than manufacturing at present.

I ask my children the question,' is it better to exploit other's or yourself?'

I gave making these sandals a go too (mine are more barny rubble), but cutting up tyres is not fun with the steel belting. No wonder I haven't made the big time! There is a smallish U.S. company who makes a tyre cutter machine..but again, it is exy to do it here. I would have to sell them for $100 aud to afford my groceries. yep, big prob.
gettyimages-452924284-612x612.jpg

When they start putting regenerative braking in an already proven electric vehicles like diesel locomotives, then consider EV as a viable technology. @ 17:40

Until then, they can't afford the fires, or chemical exposure, on a train locomotive. A green world is incompatible with the mines or its water, much less the manufacture and recycling. I think that they will just run combustion engines on synthetic fuels like alcohol and gasoline, made from solar-generated-electricity. The battery bank is unrealistic when you compare it to a liquid fuel tank that is only 1/12 of the mass of the air used/burnt for doing work.

steel on steel effeciency, over 60 years, good stuff. So glad there is somewhere where the bs can be called out without someone just saying 'ohh so negative'.

To build an aeroplane you need a pessimist, what can go wrong? but to get the job finished you need an optimist. We have to understand the problems and see it plainly, honestly without romantic glasses.

Selling stuff on facebook, so meeting other folks who love cruisers, like minded.
Got rid of some split rims with 4 yr old dunlops 225/95r16c, only 2000kms on them. Young fella is trying go around Oz with the theory of splits being getting rid of for virtually free everywhere. Which I have heard of several times.
He just crossed the nullabor, nth W.A to Melbourne, on nearly bald 12yr old dunlops on split rims..not bad.

Also, just discovered there is a tribute group on facebook who reckon 235/85 r16 is the best all round versatile 4wd tyre ever made! It is not a busy group.

Tyre recycling is the 'ultimate afterthought' industry because it's a commercial acknowlegement of the waste problem associated with tyres. Same thing will happen with EV battery modules I reckon.

Guy at my work is skiting about how he's going to save the planet by buying an all-electric Volvo XC40 aka a Geely chinese s***box SUV. He'll be the very first person at my work to own any sort of EV - currently no full or hybrids except two hired hybrid camry's (company vehicles).

But EV's are heavier than non-EV's of the same make/model, so they will go through tyres, brakes, etc. faster. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom