Turn off Seatbelt Chime? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They also sell these on Amazon....
41U7EJ1dEkL._AC_.jpg

Service department can shut it off. On a different note... I always push the button in the door jam when the door is going to be open for more than a few seconds. Shuts off that annoyance easily enough.

Another vote for Carista here. I went through all the trouble of Techstream initially but Carista is far simpler. Have used it on a variety of vehicles including our LC200. Relatively cheap and dead easy.

I bought this over weekend on Amazon. $8.99 and come in a two pack. Doubles as a bottle opener.
ECB5FF05-794B-4889-BA38-BCA00E334BCA.jpeg

On mine I have to use the touch button on the door handle to close all windows including sunroof after enabling via Techstream. Can open with FOB, but not close.
Anyone know if the 2021 LC200 can put the windows up via the door handle touch button?

I’ve just received my OBDLink MX+ and using Carista was able to disable seatbelt chimes among other things.

I am able to put the windows down with the fob, but can only put them back up using the actual key from the fob in the door, which is a bit inconvenient.

Anyone know if the 2021 LC200 can put the windows up via the door handle touch button?

I’ve just received my OBDLink MX+ and using Carista was able to disable seatbelt chimes among other things.

I am able to put the windows down with the fob, but can only put them back up using the actual key from the fob in the door, which is a bit inconvenient.
can put down and up from remote. I program all my customers cars this was

You won't find much. The dealer or a repair shop can't do it as it is a violation of federal law. So you're left with a DIY hack.
There’s no federal law requiring auto manufacturers to have a seatbelt chime. Do you believe everything you read online? And do you repeat everything too?

Edited by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've heard this question before, but don't understand the need.

Why would you want to turn off the chime?

Can't imagine driving around without a seatbelt, especially wheeling, feels like my head would hit the side window if I wasn't belted in. Same for passenger.
Do you know what subjective preferences are? some of us don’t like being yelled at by robots. Some of us don’t like annoying noises to remind us to put on a seatbelt, when we were going to do that anyway on our own timeframe.

I used Tech stream to turn off the chime as I like to have the seat buzzer disabled. Many times on the trail I need to take the seat belt off to get a better view out the side of the vehicle on an obstacle. I don't keep it off long, but the beep would be distracting

Also- I moderated this thread. Please be respectful and everyone is allowed an opinion and can ask questions as long as it is done respectfully

Your friendly 200 series Moderator

Here are some examples of where you would want the visibility. Some spots on the Rubicon. As you come down that ramp you want to make sure you see where your tire is heading.

There are lots of spots that you really need to make sure your tire placement is as expected or you can't see well as you are coming over a rock

This is why I have always disabled the seat belt buzzer. Once you make it through the obstacle, then you put it back on
1645677810659.png

1645678053643.png

I thought Toyota had a solution built in, already? From Reddit: "Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "On" position. Do not crank the engine. Press the small knob on the instrument cluster to cycle between the trip odometer and the odometer reading. Press the knob until it displays "ODO." Turn the ignition to the "Off" position. Turn the ignition back to the "On" position and hold the small knob for 10 to 15 seconds. After the time has passed, put on the seat belt (while holding the knob). Release the trip odometer knob to finish. The instrument cluster will display "B off."

Does that not work? I'm looking at a 2016+ LX, so this would be nice to have. My 2006 LX doesn't chime, and I assume it did from the factory. Personally, when I'm offroad and at a slow pace, I like the seat belt off.
Worked on my 09 GX. Thanks.

Anyone want to mail me their OBDLink so I can turn off the beep?

I’ll mail it back with beer $$ for your efforts.

Located in Spokane, WA.

TIA

Here are some examples of where you would want the visibility. Some spots on the Rubicon. As you come down that ramp you want to make sure you see where your tire is heading.

There are lots of spots that you really need to make sure your tire placement is as expected or you can't see well as you are coming over a rock

This is why I have always disabled the seat belt buzzer. Once you make it through the obstacle, then you put it back on
View attachment 2935402
View attachment 2935406

So I've heard this question before, but don't understand the need.

Why would you want to turn off the chime?

Can't imagine driving around without a seatbelt, especially wheeling, feels like my head would hit the side window if I wasn't belted in. Same for passenger.
Driving with a dog in the passenger seat will subject you to a chime torture session that is distracting enough to cause an accident.

Driving with a dog in the passenger seat will subject you to a chime torture session that is distracting enough to cause an accident.
,,,Until you buckle the dog's seatbelt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom