Tuned LX600 1/4 mile (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
12.83 @ 106mph Lexus LX600 Runs 12 Second Quarter-Mile With Minor Mods – ClubLexus - https://www.clublexus.com/articles/lexus-lx600-runs-12-second-quarter-mile-with-minor-mods/
37BE4E1A-21A2-47AC-BBDC-140B3DBBD958.jpeg

The real question that’s on everyone’s mind (which we won’t know for a few decades) is if this engine will last 300,000 miles.
Toyota has stellar history of making long lasting engines, but none of them were pushed to the same degree as this twin turbo 3.3L V6 will be.

Time will tell….

The real question that’s on everyone’s mind (which we won’t know for a few decades) is if this engine will last 300,000 miles.
Toyota has stellar history of making long lasting engines, but none of them were pushed to the same degree as this twin turbo 3.3L V6 will be.

Time will tell….
This engine has been used since 2017 in the Lexus LS500. But yes, time will tell.

anyone else notice the dashboard around the 1 minute mark... center diff locked. probably good for drag strip launch traction but I can't imagine it's actually good for the drivetrain :)

Time will tell. Here’s the oil pan from a new Tundra w/ 16k miles, stock.
137CDF73-1C55-48C0-8120-1110370487AF.jpeg

Having glazed the clutch in the center Torsen diff of my old AWD Tundra, locking that diff might not be a bad idea.

Time will tell. Here’s the oil pan from a new Tundra w/ 16k miles, stock.
View attachment 3199615

Having glazed the clutch in the center Torsen diff of my old AWD Tundra, locking that diff might not be a bad idea.
What’s the story here? I drove my 2022 work tundra to 23k last year and handed it off to another project manager when I picked up a 2023. I’d like to know what type of concerns we’re looking at with these engines.

I’d chalk it up to engine infant mortality. It’s bound to happen to some of the first born

I wonder if the LX600 will have similar issues once they start getting some miles on them or are the engine bits are upgraded from the Tundra?

Thats a Lemon Law website. On that page they list Tundras from 2018-2022. 5 years back.
If you examine the complaints on all the years, every year had a few lemons with wonky problems. But there’s only a handful for each year.

Remember that approximately 110,000 Tundras were sold each year, so a few misfits that slipped past QC are expected.

Time will tell….

Sorry - I couldn't help myself. Your point remains valid even if the old LC 200 with the 5.7L is the world's fastest SUV. With just a... ahem... mild tune. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom