Tundra K&N Intake System on 200?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys!
Natural progression has finally got me into a 200 series! I am happy to say I picked up a very clean low mile 2013 Landcruiser this past Saturday. I have only had the car 3 days now, but man I love it!!!!!! If you know me from any of the other forums (80 & 100, 120 series) I typically move pretty quick with my builds. I got window tint done yesterday, 2016+ LC 18's were also dropped off at powder coat yesterday, and hopefully I will have them wrapped in some KM3's by the end of the week. I also installed 1.25'' wheel spacers last night I had laying around from a past build.

I know a lot people will say that stock is better than K&N intake system; however I have had a K and N intake system is a few of my past vehicles and the smiles per miles is well worth the $300 or so for the cost. The HP gain is supposed to be about 10 HP, but the real joy to me is the sound it produces while on the throttle. That never gets old to me. I also like how its subtle and really only noticeable if you are really in it. I used to have a 2010 Tundra 5.7 with a K&N intake and it sounded awesome. I would have thought the 5.7 Toyota application was the same for all Tundra, sequoia, Landcruiser's, but it doesn't appear to be per their website. Has anyone installed / had any experience trying this? I did do a search on this forun and it came back empty.

Here's a video I found online of a Tundra 2012-13 K and N intake install

Yes, it'll work. You'll just need to purchase a tundra lower airbox and it will all bolt up to the tundra TRD upper. I was going to do this with my LC200 when I moved to it from my Tundra but the Tundra sold so fast I didn't have time.

@Cruisin911 I am a little confused. Are you talking about a TRD intake system or a K and N one?

TRD. Technically both as the TRD uses a rebranded K&N filter. I think the TRD advertises more than 10hp on the 5.7 but I'm not sure I would trust any intake hp claims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom