Trying to sell a 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys,

I'm trying to sell my 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser and I'm not sure how much I should ask for. I didn't list it anywhere yet and I wanted to see what you guys think and if there is anyone interested here. I would rather sell it to a mud member to be honest.

It has 213k miles. Runs strong and everything works the way it should be. No oil leaks and absolutely no rust. The interior is not in a great shape. 2 owners, Florida car with a clean title and clean carfax.

If you know the prices and can give me an idea please do so. If you are looking for one please feel free to make me an offer. Located in Orlando, FL.

I've uploaded the photos to a dropbox folder here Dropbox - 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
depends on your market. When i was looking on ebay for one earlier in the year there were a ton coming through florida that werent selling. I chalked it up to the notion that it could be rusty from salt air. Its also not going to help that a major storm just came through there and people are going to be worried about water intrusion.

Hop on autotrader and try to buy your exact vehicle within a 100 mile range. list for $100 less so yours shows up before that when when sorted lowest to highest.

Interior is a little rough. Especially the passenger seat. Im at $5,400 if the timing belt/water pump replacement isnt well documented. If it is, im at $6,300.

Interior is a little rough. Especially the passenger seat. Im at $5,400 if the timing belt/water pump replacement isnt well documented. If it is, im at $6,300.

Thanks. I think the timing belt was done not too long ago but don't have an exact date. Water pump, belts...etc looks new. I think from what I gathered so far a $5500 would be a fair price to list it. Going to post it on craigslist and ebay and see how that goes. Thanks again.

That's a beauty at $5500

I always notice tho, hard core guys on forums generally value their trucks higher,because we love em.
I think the general public is usually less so enthusiastic.

Also I notice gas prices have an effect too

And the dearth of crappy vehicles after the storms will not help. By your rust free truck is making me jealous.

5500 seems fair

That passenger seat is a killer for lots of people. Might consider replacing it before selling. Depending on your maintenance records anywhere from 6500-8000. Some parts of the country appear to have a higher premium for LC's. Don't know about FL but probably about $7500 in CO, $8000 if you replaced the passenger seat.

Reference point if it helps, I sold my 2 owner rust free 2001 Land Cruiser with similar miles for $7,800 in Denver earlier this year. Denver is a bit of a hot market for Land Cruisers though.

Mine also had a Gamiviti rack and ARB awning so that allowed me to bump up the price a bit.

That's a beauty at $5500

I always notice tho, hard core guys on forums generally value their trucks higher,because we love em.
I think the general public is usually less so enthusiastic.

Also I notice gas prices have an effect too

And the dearth of crappy vehicles after the storms will not help. By your rust free truck is making me jealous.

5500 seems fair

Yeah man I see what you mean. I do love the truck but in the same time, I want to be fair to the person who will get it and honestly I just want to see this beauty being built. That's why I listed it here first.

Generally if a car or a truck affected by some sort of a storm or a flood it's easy to tell. You just look for water residue in places that it shouldn't be. And it's very hard to clean it all unless the person disassembles the truck, clean it and put it back together.

Every time I look underneath this truck it surprises me how clean it is lol

That passenger seat is a killer for lots of people. Might consider replacing it before selling. Depending on your maintenance records anywhere from 6500-8000. Some parts of the country appear to have a higher premium for LC's. Don't know about FL but probably about $7500 in CO, $8000 if you replaced the passenger seat.

You are absolutely right. I did consider replacing it but then I thought it would be better to leave it as is so the person who will actually build it will get the chance to do all of that. If I decided to build it I would've wanted it to be exactly the way it is.

Maybe if it was a Ford Focus or a Camry and I'm trying to sell it as a commuter to go and come back from work then the seat has to be replaced or fixed. Becuase nobody would want to deal with that. They just want a car to take them to work. But in the LC case, it's a bit different. Or at least that's how I feel about it.

It also seems that the market for LC's in CO and the surrounding areas is much higher than here in Florida. I'm almost thinking of shipping it to one of you guys up there to sell it for me lol

Reference point if it helps, I sold my 2 owner rust free 2001 Land Cruiser with similar miles for $7,800 in Denver earlier this year. Denver is a bit of a hot market for Land Cruisers though.

Mine also had a Gamiviti rack and ARB awning so that allowed me to bump up the price a bit.

Thanks for the info man. The goodies you had definitely added to the value. And considering the interior and no maintenance records, I think I priced mine fairly.

People are overpaying for 100 Series right now. You might be surprised what you can get.

People are overpaying for 100 Series right now. You might be surprised what you can get.
When I look around me at stop lights here in South Ga and see all of the guys (16yo kids too) sitting in new 50-80k trucks I don’t feel like 100 series buyers are overpaying at all:meh:

When I look around me at stop lights here in South Ga and see all of the guys (16yo kids too) sitting in new 50-80k trucks I don’t feel like 100 series buyers are overpaying at all:meh:

Apples and oranges. While I agree with you as to the ridiculous prices of new trucks (especially when all the accessories are added), I meant comparing 100 series prices to that of 200 Series. The newest 100 Series is almost 11yrs old. And while a clean "low miles" specimen is something to consider, some of these asking prices are at or slightly below 200 Series pricing. The 200 series is an advancement. When I see a $5k difference in pricing, 200 wins all day long. 100s are an awesome value, if you don't overspend.

I think you have to figure LC prices comparatively between other LCs. Comparing LCs to "new" vehicles is a no brainer - almost always more value in a well-kept, used LC. If you want to spend $25k-$30k on a 100, you are free to do so. But don't kid yourself that you aren't overpaying.

Apples and oranges. While I agree with you as to the ridiculous prices of new trucks (especially when all the accessories are added), I meant comparing 100 series prices to that of 200 Series. The newest 100 Series is almost 11yrs old. And while a clean "low miles" specimen is something to consider, some of these asking prices are at or slightly below 200 Series pricing. The 200 series is an advancement. When I see a $5k difference in pricing, 200 wins all day long. 100s are an awesome value, if you don't overspend.

I think you have to figure LC prices comparatively between other LCs. Comparing LCs to "new" vehicles is a no brainer - almost always more value in a well-kept, used LC. If you want to spend $25k-$30k on a 100, you are free to do so. But don't kid yourself that you aren't overpaying.
No doubt. When I was looking for my last 100 I couldn’t find one I that wanted under 20k. I was actually on my way to look at a 09 200 that was listed for 32k when the seller that had the 100 I wanted called me and accepted my offer. I turned around and went and got the 100. I knew that if price was going to be north of 20k I was going with a 200.

I picked up my 06 for 18k and I just smile at those guys in the bro-dozer diesel f250s at the red light.

While I plan to drive my 06 LC for 5-7 years I doubt the new 50-80k truck guys have theirs for 3. Talk about a waste of money.

No doubt. When I was looking for my last 100 I couldn’t find one I that wanted under 20k. I was actually on my way to look at a 09 200 that was listed for 32k when the seller that had the 100 I wanted called me and accepted my offer. I turned around and went and got the 100. I knew that if price was going to be north of 20k I was going with a 200.

I picked up my 06 for 18k and I just smile at those guys in the bro-dozer diesel f250s at the red light.

While I plan to drive my 06 LC for 5-7 years I doubt the new 50-80k truck guys have theirs for 3. Talk about a waste of money.

I agree, and well said. 100 is good value if you don't pay flipper premiums.

My sweet spot is 5-10k for a high mileage 100.

20kish for a high mileage 200.

In between just buying time and saving. I didn't used to be a huge fan of the 200 but now I've seen some that are just awesome with little mods. Next car will def be an 08-09 200 LC if I can make my LX last a few years. Then after that a 2014+ LX. That's the plan, anyway.

In my opinion no other car out there provides as much value, reliability, and respectability for the price as a LC/LX.

The hard part is finding a 200 at all in my neck of the woods. I probably overpaid for my 100 a couple years ago, but it's been a great truck and just barely rolled 100K miles after two years of fishing, camping, and monster road trips. Two years later, and 200s still rarely show up on CL in Portland. Newer ones show up every so often, but not comparable at all in price to the 100s that are out there. Paying another 50-100% more for a 200 is tough.

200s also seem quite a bit more difficult for the DIY mechanic to mod on his/her own. The KDSS intimidates me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom