trouble..........still (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
if you remember, i'm having the same prablem as before. i'll explain again.

i have a 2f. when i crank it over it goes and goes till it start having trouble turning over. (like a building force that it has to challenge) finaly it backfires and repeats the process. i just put on a new 38 weber (need non CO. jets, but regardless) and i don't have a ballast resistor. i purchased one but haven''t installed it yet. sometimes it runs, but usually it wont. if it does run its no to good. please some help. i really need my ride :tear: and have waited to long.

Did it run before you put the weber on? Have you checked fuel flow from the tank to the filter to the pump to the carb? What ignition are you running...did you change it with the carb? More info man!

Check to see if you are building pressure in your exhaust system. If you have a blockage somewhere it causes wierd problems like the ones you describe, however it will usually start first and then die.

Check your timing.
Did you remove your distributor?
The exhaust is also a good thing to look at like pinhead stated above.

i'm runnin stock points, no elctronic ignition.

tank's full

i had a holley put on a weber 32/36 didn't like it and put the holley back on. when i had the weber on i messed with the timing some, but nothin big. when i put the holley on it started doing this (described) i figured the holley kicked the bucket cuz its tired so i bought the weber 38. its on now and didnt cure the problem.

it ran fine before the initial carburetor change. its weirding me out.

i've pulled the dist. once, checked everything, it was ok. i also have a weak spark.

i bought a new rotor and cap, but as i was driving to houston tonight i though i made a huge huge blunder, my plug wires may be off(but its unlikely)

filter is new too.

how do i check for building pressure?

if more info needed to assist i'll be glad to provide. suggestions.

also new points and cond. though the condensor is canadian if that make any difference. coil is fine, i have 2 one extra and it does the same thing on both.

try a compression test I had a cruiser that was real hard to start and found I had poor compression :tear: so i put in a V8 :flipoff2:

If there is an obstruction in the exhaust, you can often hear a hissing or whistle out of the tail pipe for a few seconds after you shut the engine off.   Also check your carb preheat flapper valve in the exhaust manifold to see if it is stuck closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom