Tried to run pro winch with the spool locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, wasn’t sure if it worked or not, but now it definitely won’t work.did I break something doing that? It wasn’t for very long. Thanks

PTO that is sorry, sausage fingers. It’s on a hj61 stock

Most likely the shear pin broke. It is installed through the driveshaft at the winch and is meant to break when the winch is overloaded. It can be punched out and replaced.
PXL_20220228_000009256~2.jpg

So are you actually in gear ? Pto lever engaged and in second main box / neutral transfer box ?
If so start at the gearbox - is the yoke in front of the pto gearbox and the propshaft spinning ?

The shear pin might be sheared inside but the remains of it kept in place.
Very unlikely that something else is broken.

how did you lock the spool ?

On the BJ73 I had there were only two spool options: engaged and free spool. The worm gear drive for the drum acts as a braking mechanism, so there isn’t a dedicated brake or lock for the drum. Make sure the lever on the winch is engaged, the transmission is in gear, the transfer case in neutral and the PTO lever engaged.

On the BJ73 I had there were only two spool options: engaged and free spool. The worm gear drive for the drum acts as a braking mechanism, so there isn’t a dedicated brake or lock for the drum. Make sure the lever on the winch is engaged, the transmission is in gear, the transfer case in neutral and the PTO lever engaged.
yea like airheadnut said, it has two positions, i had the lever in forward. I think i have everything set rite. nothing from the gear box to the sheer pin is spinning at all!

Made this little video, it's not clear if you're actually engaging the winch correctly. Attached a photo of the instructions decal too.

1. Put transfer case in N
2. Put PTO to on, should be press buttons 1 & 2 then pull toward you. Engagement is positive and you should feel it.
3. Put main transmission in a forward gear to start pulling, suggest 1st or 2nd

PXL_20220315_015628940.jpg

Dcruiser thanks for posting that! I will make darn sure im doing it rite when i get home and report back!

PTO gear is mounted on the transmission output shaft so you need the transmission to be engage. I suspect something may not work properly in the PTO gear box? The lever inside the cab is linked to a « sliding » gear inside the gear box to engage the PTO driving shaft. May have a look to the mechanism?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom