Trekboxx Drawer System for 200 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there any sort of box/cabinet system for people that keep the 3rd row or any options? Or is it simply just not worth it?

Is there any sort of box/cabinet system for people that keep the 3rd row or any options? Or is it simply just not worth it?

Some systems let you run with just one drawer if you’d like to keep the one of the seats. As far as keeping the full third row, there is only enough room for some groceries while the seats are deployed. I believe there are some folk that have made their own drawers to slide between the stowed seats.

I run a single side ARB drawer. Allows me to use one 3rd-row seat when needed (I typically leave the seat out until my wife demands otherwise...)

With the 3rd row installed (old photo).

It’s dark out and car is a few blocks away, so I can update post tomorrow without the 3rd row.

84BA20EF-4B92-48BC-8852-A4B9A1F499DB.jpeg

As promised, some shots from my Trekboxx install. The quality is better than any pictures can do justice to. Until you see and feel David's work in person you won't grasp the quality of his work.

Looks perfect. I want it. How much did that run you?

Yep thanks I can internet but that's not what I was asking. System Alpha is $5k.

I should have been more clear. You paid for the install? What did that cost?

Not everyone likes to publicly announce what they pay for labor.

But anyway...
-Shop labor charges vary widely for nearly all mod installs.
Make calls.
Find out what it would cost for shops you have access to.

Not everyone likes to publicly announce what they pay for labor.

But anyway...
-Shop labor charges vary widely for nearly all mod installs.
Make calls.
Find out what it would cost for shops you have access to.

Probably the same guys that blur their license plates.

I would never pay a shop to do something like this. Just curious what it costs.

@bencallaway The price doesn't include shipping but does include installation (the last I knew, anyway) if you can make it to David's shop. The photos of the installation above are from the shop so I'm guessing $0?

Probably the same guys that blur their license plates.

I would never pay a shop to do something like this. Just curious what it costs.

So...now you’re insulting the guy you were insisting tell you what he paid for install....even though you now say you would never never pay to have it installed anyway??

Dude.

Last edited:
lcforlife,

Thanks for posting. That Trekboxx system is sweet. I like the hinged side covers over the wheel wells. Does this system ride nice and quiet going down the road/trail?

Last edited:
So...now you’re insulting the guy you were insisting tell you what he paid for install....even though you now say you would never never pay to have it installed anyway??

Dude.

Not insulting anyone dude, except maybe people who blur their license plates. I have no problem with people who pay to have mods done to their vehicles. I don't think this is the place to be candid about money while posting pics of your new $80k+ vehicle but lets stay on topic.

This is the best drawer system available for 100's and 200's. I've seen it in person in a 100 and was blown away by the fit and finish.

t4.jpg

Not insulting anyone dude, except maybe people who blur their license plates. I have no problem with people who pay to have mods done to their vehicles. I don't think this is the place to be candid about money while posting pics of your new $80k+ vehicle but lets stay on topic.

This is the best drawer system available for 100's and 200's. I've seen it in person in a 100 and was blown away by the fit and finish.

Regarding install, the biggest advantage to these systems is they arrive on a pallet just about fully assembled. I've only installed a Bravo but it would appear the Alpha would install the same way, you just have to attach the accoutrements. So the only real install part is just the lifting the drawers into the truck and tightening down the four brackets. Unless you're also installing electrical tidbits on the outer wings or elsewhere, you'll spend more time unpacking the pallet and organizing than actually installing. It's just big and heavy so a helper is needed.

Regarding install, the biggest advantage to these systems is they arrive on a pallet just about fully assembled. I've only installed a Bravo but it would appear the Alpha would install the same way, you just have to attach the accoutrements. So the only real install part is just the lifting the drawers into the truck and tightening down the four brackets. Unless you're also installing electrical tidbits on the outer wings or elsewhere, you'll spend more time unpacking the pallet and organizing than actually installing. It's just big and heavy so a helper is needed.
@bencallaway The price doesn't include shipping but does include installation (the last I knew, anyway) if you can make it to David's shop. The photos of the installation above are from the shop so I'm guessing $0?
All true. I install for free because frankly it takes more time for me to build a crate and pack a system than just throw it in the truck. The benefit to having it installed is that I have the opportunity to go over the nuances of the system in a way that's not possible via instruction sheets.

trekboxx.jpg

Sorry for the late reply everyone. Yes, install is free at David's shop. I'm lucky enough to live only two hours from his shop so it was pretty convenient for me. With regards to the ride quality akd squeeks etc. The thing is dead quite when adjusted and lubed properly. Like anything new, after a few rough rides it requires a tightening here and an adjustment there to get it back to perfect. Again, until you see and feel it in person you won't understand the quality of David's work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom