Trekboxx Drawer System for 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Upgrade now! With the flat replacement, I doubt you lose more than an inch.

I agree. Personally I would get the Alpha because of the versatility. However from a pure storage perspective the two separate smaller compartments mean you have to fit smaller items into both rather than having a larger drawer. I think there are better storage options if you're going with a two drawer side by side system that are cheaper. The Alpha is what makes the Trekboxx magic. Either way, both are too rich for my blood and I probably won't be getting a Trekboxx system :D

I've got the alpha system with all the drawers. Ive also had 2 different ARB fridges for it. neither one of my ARB's had made a peep. That being said, I've found after each off road trip, and not just a washboard dirt road trip, rock crawling and at least a hundred miles minimum of aggressive off road terrain, Ive had to adjust the bumper tabs a bit and make a couple adjustments to keep things tight. Otherwise there is some noise. Takes about 10 minutes. Silent after that though.
These drawers are tough as nails, my bottom large drawer has about every tool imaginable in it. I bet about 100lbs worth of tools. its been rock solid with no wear or tear since day 1.

I've got the alpha system with all the drawers. Ive also had 2 different ARB fridges for it. neither one of my ARB's had made a peep. That being said, I've found after each off road trip, and not just a washboard dirt road trip, rock crawling and at least a hundred miles minimum of aggressive off road terrain, Ive had to adjust the bumper tabs a bit and make a couple adjustments to keep things tight. Otherwise there is some noise. Takes about 10 minutes. Silent after that though.
These drawers are tough as nails, my bottom large drawer has about every tool imaginable in it. I bet about 100lbs worth of tools. its been rock solid with no wear or tear since day 1.

I second this. I have the base alpha and the same experience. I did, however, find one weakness in the latch design recently. This happened two weeks ago...

image_123927839.JPG
image_123927839 (1).JPG

I was able to drill out the latch retainer and found a small bolt that fit nicely. In the end, I think It's a better solution than the thin metal rivet holding the latch retainer. So you might want to hold down the latched when you shut your drawers and avoid unnecessary stress on the retainer when closing.

image_67197441.JPG
image_67202049.JPG

The National Luna refrigerator rattles quite a bit. The noise comes from the compressor components vibrating and hitting the shell. Apparently that's par-for-the-course with NLs? Performance-wise I like the refrigerator but for the noise alone would look at a different brand the next time around.
For reference, my National Luna 90 Twin from 2016 has little more than a hum while the compressor is running. Sounds like a small computer fan. The TemboTusk Jumbo slide, on the other hand, makes a fair bit of noise...

For reference, my National Luna 90 Twin from 2016 has little more than a hum while the compressor is running. Sounds like a small computer fan. The TemboTusk Jumbo slide, on the other hand, makes a fair bit of noise...
Thanks for the data point. I should have mentioned that the noise on mine is when the fridge is off as well as on. The internals just must not have enough clearance. Operationally, the fridge has been great.

I second this. I have the base alpha and the same experience. I did, however, find one weakness in the latch design recently. This happened two weeks ago...

View attachment 2711787View attachment 2711786

I was able to drill out the latch retainer and found a small bolt that fit nicely. In the end, I think It's a better solution than the thin metal rivet holding the latch retainer. So you might want to hold down the latched when you shut your drawers and avoid unnecessary stress on the retainer when closing.

View attachment 2711784View attachment 2711783
Contact David if you haven’t already. That may qualify for a new slide based on Accuride’s warranty.

Contact David if you haven’t already. That may qualify for a new slide based on Accuride’s warranty.

I did and I do. David said this was a first for him. Apparently I'm pretty hard on my drawers 🤷‍♂️! He is going to send me a couple of spare latches. You can't really see in the pictures I posted, but that latch surface is heavily worn. I actually prefer the threaded bolt solution because I can now swap out the latch as it becomes too worn. For the first year with these drawers this was my daily driver for work and personal. I probably put several years of equivalent weekender use into them.

As another data point for you guys, I am running the dometic 75 in my 200. It does make a small amount of noise (mostly the baskets when empty), but more annoyingly the whole fridge slides around a bit even with the straps cranked down. Those of you who have my straps know they get super tight. I chalk this up to there not being any rubber feet or something like the ARB's. My ARB classic was unmovable when strapped down. I haven't removed the fridge to investigate, but I suspect a thin rubber pad would add the necessary friction to prevent this.

This fridge is also unable to maintain freezer temps at 0 when the truck is sitting in 100 plus ambient temps. I saw as high as 23 degrees last weekend. Keeping the hatch open when stopped and obviously lower nighttime temps bring it back down.

As another data point for you guys, I am running the dometic 75 in my 200. It does make a small amount of noise (mostly the baskets when empty), but more annoyingly the whole fridge slides around a bit even with the straps cranked down. Those of you who have my straps know they get super tight. I chalk this up to there not being any rubber feet or something like the ARB's. My ARB classic was unmovable when strapped down. I haven't removed the fridge to investigate, but I suspect a thin rubber pad would add the necessary friction to prevent this.

This fridge is also unable to maintain freezer temps at 0 when the truck is sitting in 100 plus ambient temps. I saw as high as 23 degrees last weekend. Keeping the hatch open when stopped and obviously lower nighttime temps bring it back down.

Rubber/Neoprene would probably be better but I stuck some some skateboard friction tape on the underside rails fo the NL. It does not move at all now but it probably eating away at the Line-X :)

Thanks for the data point. I should have mentioned that the noise on mine is when the fridge is off as well as on. The internals just must not have enough clearance. Operationally, the fridge has been great.
Well, yours sees quite a bit more bouncing around than mine, too. Worst mine has been on is some sorta rough fire roads, and sand in Ocala National Forest... :ashamed:

Take the cover over the power cord side off and see what's touching. I bought mine as a demo fridge out of a Conqueror trailer show unit at the showroom in my home town for $1000, while Paul May had them for $2700; a deal I couldn't turn down! Ended up failing a few months later, and despite Paul going way above and beyond trying to get it covered under warranty, in the end, it was a South African version and I was on my dime. Dave from Conquerer (now a Kimberly trailer importer apparently) ended up trading for a brand new unit!

The point of all this rambling is that I had the cover off and there are some small copper coils that looks like they could be persuaded to move a bit without damaging them. Might be all yours needs to quiet it down.

IMG_3746.jpeg

Photos removed from reply but I had the same issue a while back. David had my drawer slide replaced under warranty. It was not an easy install, had to take most of the system apart, but I got it done.

And regarding fridges, we opted for an ARB 63 because it has the shorter side walls like the 37. It uses more of the surface of the drawer area, allows the top self to be lower, is easier for shorter folks to see inside, and has more horizontal storage rather than vertical (less stacking and unstacking).

Photos removed from reply but I had the same issue a while back. David had my drawer slide replaced under warranty. It was not an easy install, had to take most of the system apart, but I got it done.

And regarding fridges, we opted for an ARB 63 because it has the shorter side walls like the 37. It uses more of the surface of the drawer area, allows the top self to be lower, is easier for shorter folks to see inside, and has more horizontal storage rather than vertical (less stacking and unstacking).

This makes me feel better. Looking at how little material holds the spring/latch retainer I was surprised to hear this was a unique situation. The issue seems to be compounding. As the latch wears, it begins to hit the catch at an angle forcing additional stress on the retaining rivet. Definitely room for an improved design. Beefier retainer and hardened latches would help a lot.

This makes me feel better. Looking at how little material holds the spring/latch retainer I was surprised to hear this was a unique situation. The issue seems to be compounding. As the latch wears, it begins to hit the catch at an angle forcing additional stress on the retaining rivet. Definitely room for an improved design. Beefier retainer and hardened latches would help a lot.
A friend in the industry said there seemed to be a run of slides that had the same issue. Hopefully the replacement lasts forever.

0235D63A-8C3B-48CD-948C-CB5AD0DB8B50.jpeg
47E130B9-8DC1-489E-B6F3-097FC671B461.jpeg

BB5025C1-FE10-4FCA-A482-5DA98901B88D.jpeg

I installed my system yesterday. It took about an hour, not two. That included about 15 minutes to disassemble the shipping crate and unpack everything.

It was shipped to my office and I installed it in 90 degree direct sunlight with no shade.

A few things off the top of my head:

I didn’t realize the system was bolted to the pallet. I’m not sure it said that in the instructions or I didn’t see it.

Installation of the wings and the front two side valances was the only thing required. The whole system was otherwise assembled.

Installing it in the truck required four brackets which bolted into the third row seat bolts. The instructions said to leave these hand tight and then get the system bolted into the brackets and then tighten them.

However the front (as in front of vehicle) two brackets are basically impossible to reach with a tool once the system is bolted in. I personally would tighten the front two brackets all the way before putting in the system if I did it again.

The rear (near tailgate) brackets can easily be tightened with the system in place.

The system has holes and then you use four bolts that attach it to the brackets.

I would note that it is very difficult to see to attach these bolts. You access them by the second row seats which you have to flip up. The two closest to the front of the vehicle are pretty easy.

The two toward the rear are almost impossible to reach. I’m 6’2” and it took my entire arm length to reach them. But once in it was easy enough with a ratchet.

The quality of the system is great. I had to wait 6 months from the date of order due to supply issues with LineX. It was worth it.

View attachment 2740001View attachment 2740002
View attachment 2740003
I installed my system yesterday. It took about an hour, not two. That included about 15 minutes to disassemble the shipping crate and unpack everything.

It was shipped to my office and I installed it in 90 degree direct sunlight with no shade.

A few things off the top of my head:

I didn’t realize the system was bolted to the pallet. I’m not sure it said that in the instructions or I didn’t see it.

Installation of the wings and the front two side valances was the only thing required. The whole system was otherwise assembled.

Installing it in the truck required four brackets which bolted into the third row seat bolts. The instructions said to leave these hand tight and then get the system bolted into the brackets and then tighten them.

However the front (as in front of vehicle) two brackets are basically impossible to reach with a tool once the system is bolted in. I personally would tighten the front two brackets all the way before putting in the system if I did it again.

The rear (near tailgate) brackets can easily be tightened with the system in place.

The system has holes and then you use four bolts that attach it to the brackets.

I would note that it is very difficult to see to attach these bolts. You access them by the second row seats which you have to flip up. The two closest to the front of the vehicle are pretty easy.

The two toward the rear are almost impossible to reach. I’m 6’2” and it took my entire arm length to reach them. But once in it was easy enough with a ratchet.

The quality of the system is great. I had to wait 6 months from the date of order due to supply issues with LineX. It was worth it.
Looks great! Yeah, it's a reach to the front (rear) bolts. I will be adding an access panel to the back of the drawers in the near future. Once we can come up for air after getting through this backlog due to the shortages.

For others interested- we have purchased the equipment to coat our own systems. I am done relying on others if I can avoid it. I have been spraying systems all week and we are ecstatic with the results of the new system. I've learned a lot from this process- I've looked at most of the bedliner options out there. Except for a few outliers, my conclusion is that the person behind the gun is way more important than whether you are using LINE-X, Rhino, whatever. In 8 years we have taken almost every system back to be re-sprayed due to blemishes, uneven finish, etc. Not any more!

Hey all! As you know we use Baltic birch for our systems. Well, it's made in Russia... So we will not be buying any more until further notice. We have a good amount of inventory (bought a LOT last year before the shortages), but it will run out most likely later this year. We are working on alternatives, but nothing so far that is concrete. Prices will go up- our material costs are already 3-5x what they were. Bottom line- get your order in if you want a system!

Is there anyone in the Denver area that has a TB that would be willing to meet up? I'm really curious to see this system in person before laying out the cash. Thanks!

Is there anyone in the Denver area that has a TB that would be willing to meet up? I'm really curious to see this system in person before laying out the cash. Thanks!
I’ll be in Boulder starting the first week of June and you are more than welcome to see it in person. I can tell you this, you will place your order the second after seeing it in person lol

I’ll be in Boulder starting the first week of June and you are more than welcome to see it in person. I can tell you this, you will place your order the second after seeing it in person lol
I would also be interested in seeing your TB system. I live in Boulder so scheduling should not be a challenge.

We are a TrrexxBox dealer and have one in our shop truck.
Thanks! I was not aware Slee is a Trekboxx dealer. Is your showroom now open during regular business hours. I know it was closed previously during the pandemic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom