TRD Supercharger for 4.7L (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Letsgomoreplaces

Gear & Axle parts for ALL Toyotas new or old...
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.letsgomoreplaces.com
Found a take off from a 2004 Tundra, used the Unichip piggyback ECU.
uzj100 4.7 supercharger.jpg

Howdy! I guess I am too used to looking at the one on my 80. I don't see it. Are you thinking of swapping it onto your 100? John

that looks like the 100 underneath the hood, I am pretty sure it is already on.

Watch yer connecting rods.

Yeah

Oh yeah. I'm not going to push my luck with different pulleys, or other mods. Yeah it is on. Performance is pretty good, not like a 5.7 Tundra with a s/c, but thats a tough comparison. Its running well, no CEL's.

Howdy! I guess I am too used to looking at the one on my 80. I don't see it. Are you thinking of swapping it onto your 100? John

See that TRD and the pulley under the intake?

AFAIK, that's a problem on the Tundra and Sequioa with the i-Force motor, no issues on the 100.

Dude, that is off da hook. Can't wait to see it at CM!

Um yeah the "TRD" kinda was obvious. :flipoff2:

See that TRD and the pulley under the intake?

AFAIK, that's a problem on the Tundra and Sequioa with the i-Force motor, no issues on the 100.

Correct - our connecting rods are forged - the US made 2UZ's are cast. 4R's with the Jap V8 and SC never had an issue.

Very cool :cheers: I want one!

Which TRD kit comes the closest to working correctly on a 2001 LC?

What is the claimed HP/TQ increase on a basic 230/235hp 4.7L?

Are the kits available new from TRD or is used the only option?

I can deal with additional tuning/piggyback ECU issues.

That is Sweeeeeeet!!!!

How much were you able to pick it up for?

I've had mine on for ~10 months now. The mileage is down about 1mpg, and it is now as fast a a Honda Civic... but it sounds meaner.

It can get scary when you are turning and get into it while the truck looks for a wheel with some traction.

Like Carl said though, there's nothing like a 5.7 with a S/C Pity mine blew the head gasket :whoops:

I've had mine on for ~10 months now. The mileage is down about 1mpg, and it is now as fast a a Honda Civic... but it sounds meaner.

It can get scary when you are turning and get into it while the truck looks for a wheel with some traction.

Like Carl said though, there's nothing like a 5.7 with a S/C Pity mine blew the head gasket :whoops:

Was your S/C from a Tundra?

Sick. How much for the unit and how tricky was the install?

Nice, I've been contemplating putting one in my 100. I had one on a 2003 4.7 Runner and it was as good as advertised.

Price vs bang is what is holding me back, I figure with the bigger and heavier 100, I wouldn't see that much of a difference out of it.

x 10 on the price.

Your VVT-i engine also might complicate things.

:eek: The Shaman spoke. I was interested until this was put on the table.

Correct - our connecting rods are forged - the US made 2UZ's are cast. 4R's with the Jap V8 and SC never had an issue.

Or not.

I see them on Ebay for ~$2,500 fairly often. The only hitch is you have to make sure it's complete because there are no longer any parts available for the kits, maybe just the belt.

Or not.

I see them on Ebay for ~$2,500 fairly often. The only hitch is you have to make sure it's complete because there are no longer any parts available for the kits, maybe just the belt.

Just curious, other than the supercharger itself what else should be included? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom