TRD PRO FOX Suspension on GX460 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if anyone knows if this suspension would fit the 2019 GX460?
Saw it for sale on offerup and i'm just curious if it would.

I think you need to add a link, picture or something...
Don't know what you're referring to.

I think you need to add a link, picture or something...
Don't know what you're referring to.

sorry.

basically whatever is on the 2019 trd pro 4runner.

fox-edge.jpg

I haven't tried it, but I can't see why it wouldn't work - look at all the other stuff from a 4Runner that fits.

That said, I'd be leary (myself) of the swap not working as well as some aftermarket parts that were the same price range. Most folks are pretty proud of their TRD takeoffs.

GX is quite a bit heavier, the springs on these might now work for the GX. Of course if the springs aren’t the right rates the valving would most likely be off or under damped.

That’s exactly what I was thinking which made me avoid it. Still trying to learn on here what’s the best route to take for suspension.

I didn’t realize before getting the GX460 that parts that are specifically made for it have a limited selection.

Yep Qball and Macreggg are right. It will fit from a travel perspective, but spring rates and valving will not be correct for your GX. This will be exacerbated by any additional mods (bumpers, armor, drawers, etc.). You are much better off getting shocks and springs built for your specific application. The cost difference between that setup and a similar remote reservoir setup customized for you by Kyle Fogle at Treaty Oak Offroad would be minimal with much better resulting performance.

According to autotk.com the weight difference is about 400 lbs - the GX is heavier.

If the rates on these match the bilstein trd pro Suspension it will be wayyy light. Factory rate on a 460 is like 700lbs, vs the bilstein trd pro rate of like 550.

I’ve got a few 460 specific options if you’re interested in another option.

Yes, find the right resource and get her done right and enjoy it. I am on my third set of springs and shocks on my 80 because.......I was cheap and didn't know what I was doing. Had I knew the right people and got the right setup to begin with I would have saved tons of money and time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom