Transmission Temperature Gauge Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was reading on Tacomaworld that they are able to enter an equation manually into OBD Fusion which will allow them to add transmission temps at the pan and at the converter. I tried to follow the directions by Firefly and it didnt work for me. Has anyone successfully added a trans temp gauge? The equation that he supplied is:

Enter the following into these fields:
Name = Transmission Fluid Temperature 1
Description = Trans 1
English units = F
Min value = 0
Max value = 300
Metric to English scale factor = 1
Module/Header = ECM
OBD Mode = 21
PID Number = 82
Equation = ((((A*256)+B)*(7/100)-400)/10)

Use PID 219D and equations:

((((E*256)+F)*(7/100)-400)/10)

and

((((G*256)+H)*(7/100)-400)/10)

PID 2182 is older or for other vehicles.

awesome. I will try and report back. Thank you

This is how I entered it into the OBD Fusion and it doesn't work (No Data Reported).
trans combo.jpg

Have you purchased the OBD Fusion upgraded Toyota package download thing for your Year / Model ? ($10)

What you have on your screenshot there is exactly how mine looks and it works fine, but I didn't try it without the upgrade.

I do not have the upgrade. I will likely buy it as I have tried many different configurations without success.

One is Transmission Pan Temp (E/F) and one is the Torque Converter.

They will be very close, within a few degrees usually, until you are under heavy load (climbing or towing)

According to OBD, the Toyota Enhancement is not required to run user defined PID's. But, I will buy it and try again. He said they have a trans temp gauge already setup in the enhancement.

Use PID 219D and equations:

((((E*256)+F)*(7/100)-400)/10)

I'm using this on Torque, PID number is actually 21D9 on mine. Not a 120, but still a 1GR paired to an A750. How accurate it actually is there's no telling, but it does work and readings make sense.

If you have OBD Fusion you can also buy the PID pack for your year of GX and there will be preconfigured PIDs for these.

Maybe for reference these are the two equations I used with my TorquePro

EDDA6518-6CFA-4322-ADF2-93380973A488.jpeg

One difference I noticed between Torque and Fusion is that the OBD Mode and PID number on Torque are combined. Fusion has the two fields separated (see my screenshot in post #4). I tried entering the same 2182 in both fields and it didnt work. I also tried separating them in half and that didn't work either. I tried the same with 21D9 with the same result.

One difference I noticed between Torque and Fusion is that the OBD Mode and PID number on Torque are combined. Fusion has the two fields separated (see my screenshot in post #4). I tried entering the same 2182 in both fields and it didnt work. I also tried separating them in half and that didn't work either. I tried the same with 21D9 with the same result.

I also tried this last night and couldn't get it to work on my OBD Fusion App. I have the PID pack Dan mentioned, but could not find the preconfigured PID's in there.

I also tried this last night and couldn't get it to work on my OBD Fusion App. I have the PID pack Dan mentioned, but could not find the preconfigured PID's in there.
The Toyota/Lexus/Scion PID's are in a separate section.
-When you add a display (gauge), select the style, then click next.
-"Display Configuration" select the PID field with Vehicle Speed as the default.
-"PID" When you select vehicle speed, it will give you choices of SAE PID's, Calculated PID's etc. Toward the bottom is the Toyota, Lexus, Scion section.
-Then choose "engine and electronic controlled Transmission".
-There are 3 A/T temps to choose from if you scroll down a little from the top (ABC order).

The ones built in to OBD Fusion never worked for me (2006). Maybe a difference before and after sealed trans / vvti.

Manually adding them, exactly as described above, worked fine.

@Bralow Please share a screen shot of the PID input screen

The Toyota/Lexus/Scion PID's are in a separate section.
-When you add a display (gauge), select the style, then click next.
-"Display Configuration" select the PID field with Vehicle Speed as the default.
-"PID" When you select vehicle speed, it will give you choices of SAE PID's, Calculated PID's etc. Toward the bottom is the Toyota, Lexus, Scion section.
-Then choose "engine and electronic controlled Transmission".
-There are 3 A/T temps to choose from if you scroll down a little from the top (ABC order).

That's strange, I don't see any A/T choices under the Toyota, Lexus, Scion PID's. Wonder if it has anything to do with mine being a 2006?

did you buy the 2006 enhancement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom