Transmission pan gasket leak/seepage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
'Noobies' here to this great forum.

I have a 2017 200 series Land Cruiser. Right after doing a AT fluid replacement (drain + fill 3 times) and a fluid level adjustment (exactly following TIS doc), I find a tiny seepage at one side of the tranny pan gasket.

c.png
a.PNG

(The black area on the side of the gasket are cleaner (not the tranny fluid))

I am hesitate to take it to the dealer, give such a tinny amount. If to replace the gasket, I would rather do it myself.
Anyone think this is a problem?

Welcome to Mud! If it was mine, I would clean it up and keep track of it over a few weeks/miles. If it continues to leak, even a tiny amount, I would replace the gasket. My reasoning is that you don't want it to get worse and/or create a place for water or contamination to get in. However, it may be just an artifact of your recent fluid change and end up being nothing.

Welcome to Mud! If it was mine, I would clean it up and keep track of it over a few weeks/miles. If it continues to leak, even a tiny amount, I would replace the gasket. My reasoning is that you don't want it to get worse and/or create a place for water or contamination to get in. However, it may be just an artifact of your recent fluid change and end up being nothing.

That's what I thought, will keep an eye on it later. Or may be put very lite sealant on couple spot. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom