Builds transforming the dent (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The gear the wiper rider on is so worn that the wiper rotates freely.

Next issue to resolve. Leaning towards possible cracked radiator but not sure yet. Having a kitchen facelift and a new roof done on the house. Hopefully after that I can get an appointment for a spa day at Trollhole cruisers for the 2018 round of repairs!

20171222_053041.jpg

Picked up these seats yesterday for the cruiser. Out of a 05 jetta. As soon as my kitchen renovation is done the install can be done!@Trollhole

FB_IMG_1515942015237.jpg

Blew my high pressure power steering hose the other night. I think it was so old and brittle it was seeping thru the hose. New one ordered via autozone. Should I replace the return line as well?

Well i I fixed my power steering but apparently have a crack in my radiator. Did faux mount thr passenger vw seat in the cruiser. A bit wider than the stock seats but some flat stock steel should do the trick.

20180129_162426.jpg

20180129_162137.jpg

20180129_162310.jpg

20180129_162044.jpg

Those seats look nice. They look to be 3-4" wider at the mounting bracket? Hopefully you can make them work.

Those seats look nice. They look to be 3-4" wider at the mounting bracket? Hopefully you can make them work.
Yeah about 4" but I think I have it worked out. At least in my head...

Looks good and those seats are pretty comfortable. Looking forward to seeing them installed.

Looks good and those seats are pretty comfortable. Looking forward to seeing them installed.
Been very slow going. I have no garage and rain every day I'm off. Hope to have passenger side done next weekend though.

Front mounted using steel channel. Still have to do the rear. Going to try to adapt the sliders off the seat for the drivers side. Got to be easier.... Wife's feet barely touch the floor.

20180220_174643.jpg

20180220_174613.jpg

Passenger side done. I think I can do the drivers in a couple hrs now that I got a handle on what to do.

20180222_141105.jpg

I am going to try to adapt the drivers to the factory sliders but unsure at the moment if I can or not. Not totally unhappy with what I have done but I'm sure there is a better way.

Drivers all but done. Need to slot one hole so I can shift the rear over a little. 3 of 4 holes mounted . Still have to figure out electrical. Need to find a vw forum I guess.

20180401_102144.jpg

20180401_101854.jpg

Geez been thru a lot...

That's a lot of wires, you got power heated seats?

Having josh go back into my axles. Blew some seals and the driver side nut has backed off. Think that the last time i was in it i didn't torque it down properly. Had to replace some studs. If all goes well i hope to get some bodywork done when this second stimulus check hits!

Hoping to do some wire wheeling on the frame of the cruiser and install this hitch I have been sitting on forever and a day. Losing the battle to rust. Maybe I can start working on that next year.

IMG_20210729_073750.jpg

IMG_20210729_073806.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom