transfer case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GXO

GXO
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
gxor.org
I have a line on a VERY gently used t-case but I need to be able to determine if it is a VC later model or the earlier model.

I am unfamiliar with the later model.

Any info would be wonderful.

I looked at my old VC tcase and don't see any thing other that some numbers stamped on a cover and some more on the center case.
If the tcase is off vehicle:
hold the input shaft and one out put shaft. The other shaft will trun with much resistance. The resistance is the VC. Make sure the center diff is unlocked
If on vehicle:
raise the front end off ground, and turn the front shaft. If there is great resistance it is a VC. I don't remember it the tranny need to be in N or not???

cool, it is off the truck (in a friends garage)...

I will see if I can find a difference between it and my 91

do you know what it came out of?

If I did I would know what it is.

This was a loose part from a source that is unknown to me.

A friend picked up a whole mess of spares from this guy and I wanted to see if I could help ID the t-case from the outside.

If it fits my truck....it is MINE! If it fits any of your new fangled rigs I will offer up contact info and pricing....

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=5047;start=msg38883#msg38883 date=1063022926]
If I did I would know what it is.
[/quote]

Not exactly,

If it was a 93 or 94 it could go either way.

The rear extension housing is longer on an HF2AV (viscous) vs an HF2A. I don't have specific numbers but the difference is notable. Look at the rear housing on yours and then look at the one that is out of the vehicle. One of our employees has a 92 but is off today. I could measure his vs mine later, if you like.

D-

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=5047;start=msg38963#msg38963 date=1063037511]
I could measure his vs mine later, if you like.
D-
[/quote]

:eek:

That is pretty sick Chubs.

Rogue,

The Dean will be hearing about you......... :banana:

Whoop-di-frikin-doo!!! :D

I forwarded that response as well......... :flipoff2: :D

The old boy seems "keenly interested" in your activities. I heard he had the locks changed on the girls' dorm. ::)

That's okay about the locks. My signature card unlocks all of the dorms whenever I need in. I work for BYU Vending Services and that is just one of the many perks. When I checked this morning my card still worked... :D

My, my, my,

If there ever was a case of the fox watching the chickens........... ::)

I think you should slip a Miller Light in with the Sprites and wait to see what happens to the lucky winner...... ;)

Despite the fact that I think your idea is hilarious I think I will need to pass on it. The administration would probably be just a little bit angry with me. ::)

I am a wuss... I know... :D

Chicken..... ::)

Darn straight!!! :D

Sorry to drift off-topic ::) but here are the rough measurments.

The non viscus transfer measures about 5 and 1/2 inches from the front mounting surface of the rear extension housing to the back of the rear output flange.
The viscus transfer measures about 9 and 1/2 inches between the same two points.

D-

Thanks Dan! I will check this out!

Stupid question. Why would you want a VC t-case in a 91-2? I can't see it as an upgrade......just one more thing to go wrong.

JOhn

I don't...if it is a VC t-case I plan on selling it :flipoff2:

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=5047;start=msg39193#msg39193 date=1063074181]
I don't...if it is a VC t-case I plan on selling it :flipoff2:
[/quote]

OK.........that makes sense :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom