transfer case saver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I made my own. Piece of cake. 1/4" x 4" x 4" plate and about 8" of 1/4" x 2". Drill, cut, grind, bend, weld, clean, paint. Don't forget longer top cover bolts.

I copied the pictures on JTO's website. If I wasn't so adamantly against purchasing anything from him (and I kinda wanted it done right away), I would have just bought it there.

LC_Hamma - how does John Pardi's plate address the bearing preload issue with the speedo gear housing being moved outward? Is there just 1/4" less thread for the rear output flange castle nut and the plate is used for the preload face?

It comes with a machined spacer & no you can't stake the castle nut. Can't even use a nylock w/ the washer. Mudrak told me he ground off part of the castle nut & uses red loctite. I'm waiting on my double sealed speedo housing from him, then I'll bolt it up & see if there are any probs.

hamma- My bud made one of the savers that goes on the back, and machined down the speedo housing piece to compensate for the 1/4 inch he was off. is that what youre doing?

I have always wanted to make one of those mounts and integrate a t-case mounte on it to get rid of the AA mount. Though I am right now working on a diff t-case mount until I get one of those bad ass ones that John makes..
-Dustin

I think his prob was that the speedo worm gear wasnt lined up right anymore. so he had to machine his.

-Dustin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom