Transfer case rear output shaft oil seal and bearing removal and installation (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, same issue.

According to Toyota:
  • 90311-58008 for 1991-2004 LC
  • 90311-58011 for 2001-2007 LC
What about 2001-2004 ?? Either seal?

Did this over the course of the last week. Pretty straightforward job, thanks for the writeup.

I've had a drip for about a year now, have been refilling the transfer case at my oil changes, but this past change it took over a quart of fluid so, it was time.

Since I have a two post lift and a shop press, that part was easy, but I had a decent amount of trouble with the Bearing retainer C-Clip. What did you guys use to get that one out? I just pried it out with a screwdriver and kind of bent it up a little. Ended up ordering new ones, since there's both an A and a B version of them. My 2001 used an A.

Part Numbers:
90521-84002 and 90521-84003. I would order those too just in case if you are buying the bearing and the seal. They are $4 each.

My bearing wasn't bad for 240k either. My case also needed a little persuasion with a brass bar but once it broke it was smooth coming off. The seal was TOAST. Dry and brittle.

Again - thanks for the write up. Probably saved 1k at the shop for this work.

Thanks for the write up!!
Went as expected except I had a BEAR of a time getting the speedo gear off. Super tight. Had to knock it back on with a brass drift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom