Transfer case problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went wheeling today and my T-case would not stay in low, it would go into high but kept popping out. Anyone have any ideas? It was rebuilt last year and really hasnt been used much since the rebuild.

Silly as it may sound; check left engine mount (under smog pump).

If engine 'lifts' when applying torque (climbing steep hill for example) ; engine/tranny/xfer moves. shift lever bumps shift gate & goes to N.

Also note, (mine did it) if I pushed into Low xfer too hard, I'd pass Low & end up out of gear (i.e., neutral)

I just put new mounts on last year. I will look again and check if its broken again.

I just put new mounts on last year. I will look again and check if its broken again.

Hope it is nothing serious with the colornal. Any more dirty pics. still LMAO Doc:D Those 5 items you want should be ready some time week after next unless there is a manufactoring snafu. Luck. :)

Here you go doc-
HPIM0063.jpg

Let me know on the 5 items, Ill bring the beer.

It turns out it is the springs on the Xcase- I need to get some stronger ones and problem should be solved- dont even have to drop the case. Will update once completed. Thanks all for the help.

I was going to say too, look at rubber boot. (inner-outer)
my inner boot was the problem.
all i had to do was to trim it, and no probems since.!

What should I be looking for? binding? What did you trim off of it? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom