Trails in Western PA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I grew up in PA, have been moving around (New England, Europe, Africa, etc) for the past ten years, but now I'm moving back to PA to attend medical school in Erie. Are there any trails around there? I just have a 100 series that I bought last year, no mods as of yet. My father is a logger in northestern PA, and upstate NY, so I've taken it on some of this access roads, which has been fun! Anyway, I look forward to hear about anything. Thanks

AFAIK, there is good wheeling in the east at Paragon and Rausch Creek but I have only lived here a year so far. I think there exist opportunities in unaccounted for land (like unreclaimed coal lands) or private land with access but most generally, lands in PA are "state game lands" and you can drive the forest roads but they are improved. There are no public lands.

The two offroad parks would be good for the 100 Series because there are green(easy/stock) to red(guide only) and one can work there way up to a desireable level.

Welcome!

Play area

If you have an ATV, there is a large atv area out at Kettle creek which is state land and also Haneyville area and then you have Blossburg which is semi reclaimed coal land. No private land being used for off-road that I know off in the north central area. Which is a shame since some off the nicest areas are around here. You will notice that one out of five people in Pa own a ATV. Just wish some of those trails would open up to off-roading. I noticed you like to mountain bike. Plenty of places for that to. As Jeff has mentioned, there are two ORP off-road parks out on I81. Pretty popular with the off roaders, but pretty far from Erie.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys! If you think of anything else, let me know.

Check out the Pittsburg group if you haven't already. They would be a *little* more local to ya!

...Europe..... Afrika...... I green with jealousy :D

Thanks

No, I hadn't checked them out. I'll look and see what they say. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom