Trailer/project wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RevISK

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m looking for a trailer for my 40.

Something in the M416/bantam/toyota-datsun truck bed/??? Realm. I know there are a couple on our local CL but 1,800-2,000 for something that’s pretty trashed doesn’t interest me.
Any out of the box, as it were, ideas welcome.

I have a bed from Polaris Ranger, but it’s up in New Mexico so I’m poking around here.

There is also one just over the border from El Paso (Datsun) in NM that looks promising but I’m wanting to be within the width of the 40.

I did find plans to make my own M416 and may lean that route if nothing presents itself.

Thanks
Ian

All the small military ones are now crazy expensive. I would make one out of steel tubing. The axles and associated trailer parts are relatively cheap, too.

Yeah, definitely leaning towards making one.
I like to try and repurpose when I can.

Here you go.

Here you go.
I don’t have the face books but one of my youthful assistants just showed up. That’s just about perfect.

Thanks Dave!

My assistant messaged him but I haven’t heard back.
Wish me luck gang.

The guy responded saying someone was going to come and look at it and if that person didn’t show/buy, I’d be first in line. 🤷🏽.

I’ll assume the hunt continues…

That's a hell of a deal. I have a 416 from 1967 that's used as a garden ornament. I bought it about 7 years ago for more than what's being advertised for this one. Good luck with the purchase.

Well the facebook guy never materialized again but as luck would have it I stumbled upon a different deal. Needed to go up to New Mexico and as an aside got some parts for my 62 from a guy in Albuquerque. Casually mentioned my trailer hunt and he turned me on to a gentleman who used to own a salvage company. Met up with him and struck gold.

Ended up snagging these two 70’s era Datsun truck bed trailers. Going to build up the blue one and offer up the red one. It’ll be a couple weeks before I go back and grab them, will do some work on them at a buddies shop nearby and haul them back.
IMG_1051.jpeg
IMG_1053.jpeg

Nice score Ian…we built a similar one a few years back on a 70’s Ford Courier bed… my son still uses it

And I built me another out of a newer Tacoma bed…

IMG_0904.png

IMG_0907.png

IMG_0903.png

Nice score Ian…we built a similar one a few years back on a 70’s Ford Courier bed… my son still uses it

And I built me another out of a newer Tacoma bed…

View attachment 3604487

View attachment 3604488

View attachment 3604489
Looks awesome!

I grew up in the bed of 70’s Toyota truck and was really looking for one of those for nostalgia and pairing sake. The gentleman did indeed have one but it was far more rough than either of these and was missing its tailgate.

I’m looking forward to getting it/them up to speed.
Between the two I’ll have a fairly complete one with enough parts leftover to make most of the second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom