Trailer coupler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like it, but do you really have to pull the whole hitch out of your receiver to disconnect?

No, when pulled up that little pin sticking out of the top allows the retainer plate to slide forward allowing the tongue to be lifted off of the large, vertical pin. See:

35-Ton-Off-Road-Coupling-Trailer-Towing-Swivel-Coupling-202930460984-2-600x649.jpg

I’ve had one of those for 2 years on my trailer. Works fantastic and zero rattle.

Mine has about 8k miles on it. Trailer weighs about 1500lb

No, when pulled up that little pin sticking out of the top allows the retainer plate to slide forward allowing the tongue to be lifted off of the large, vertical pin. See:
ty. I must have skipped over that photo.

Anything has to be better then the Max Coupler. I have the original on my off road camper...still going strong, just a huge pain to line up.

After years of not liking them due to improperly sized lunettes, I'm finding that when the lunette is sized correctly that a pintle works just fine and doesn't bang and clang.

First time that I've seen this type of coupler offered for sale in the US

Some of the most desirable features of an off road hitch are simplicity and how it functions in real life with the dirt and grime kicked up off road. This hitch looks fairly simple, but the mechanism looks susceptible to dirt jamming it so it either doesn't release or it won't lock. My "2nd gen" Max Coupler is simple and works when dirty, as well as anything I've seen, except the lunette & pintle.
Anything has to be better then the Max Coupler. I have the original on my off road camper...still going strong, just a huge pain to line up.
I've heard that the original had flaws that were fixed with the "2nd gen". Not had problems with lining up, in fact it's better than the general ball and cup that I have as a back up, in that respect.
After years of not liking them due to improperly sized lunettes, I'm finding that when the lunette is sized correctly that a pintle works just fine and doesn't bang and clang.
I have to agree as long as the pintle latches securely.

I have to agree as long as the pintle latches securely.
I do have one pintle that I took apart and bushed the pivot bolt holes to tighten up the whole operation. It wasn't in danger of popping open before, I just didn't like how sloppy it was and the noise it was likely to make in use. That it latches even more securely afterwards was an unexpected bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom