Trail Tailor rear antenna mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking into purchasing the Trail Tailor rear antenna mount for my 100. Anyone have purchased and installed this mount yet? If you have, can you please post a pic of your antenna mount and how do you like it? Thanks!

Best pic I have, let me know if you want a different angle or something. I like it a lot—my previous mount was on the hood, where the cable always rubbed the paint as it passed through the gap (on a 4Runner before it, the cable eventually rubbed down through the paint and gave me a little rust spot). The gaps at the rear are larger, so the cable clears easy.

View attachment 2006512

Best pic I have, let me know if you want a different angle or something. I like it a lot—my previous mount was on the hood, where the cable always rubbed the paint as it passed through the gap (on a 4Runner before it, the cable eventually rubbed down through the paint and gave me a little rust spot). The gaps at the rear are larger, so the cable clears easy.
Did you ground the mount? Or are the screws holding it on sufficient for ground? What are your SWR numbers?

Did you ground the mount? Or are the screws holding it on sufficient for ground? What are your SWR numbers?

No idea on SWR—but I get decent range on HAM. I really only use it for truck-to-truck stuff or picking up the weather radio. The screws holding it in seem to be good enough.

(Caveat: I put the amateur in radio. I can get by, but I really have no idea what I'm doing.)

No idea on SWR—but I get decent range on HAM. I really only use it for truck-to-truck stuff or picking up the weather radio. The screws holding it in seem to be good enough.

(Caveat: I put the amateur in radio. I can get by, but I really have no idea what I'm doing.)
Cool. I thought it was a CB setup. Sorry.

Hi,

Thank you for the pic. Any chance you can post more pics from the sides and tp of the mount?

Thank you much!

View attachment 2006512

I got mine install this past weekend, just waiting to install the cable when it arrives to complete the install. This a the 3ft firestick antenna.
View attachment 2006961View attachment 2006962
Looks great. Can you please post pics from the back of the rig. I bought a set ps/ds for myself and my brother's 100 and from the back, both sides are angled inwards. Not sure if its supposed to be like that
20190622_090726.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom