Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They are all the same. Make sure all bolts are installed and loose. Then tighten everything.
We did. That what was so odd. We tried ever what way. It was also hard to get a wrench in there to hold the bolt from spinning. It’s all good tho.

Body lift kits are up on the website with intro pricing.

J

Received today. Going to be a while before install, but looking forward to it. Thanks, Jason!

IMG_20190417_182600.jpg

Last edited:

J
So the body lift wont mess with AHC? I just bought the truck so I havent been under there yet to see what the AHC consists of but just double checking that there wont be an issue for the 1" lift.

J
Jason- The 1/2" kits are these measuring right at 12.5 mm or a little more or little less ( thinking ahead on a little taller profile tire 34" and dont want the full 1" kit)?

Also on my 05 there is a bracket/apron/valence ( sorry dont know the exact word for the part) mounted just below the grill and headlights and it has a lip on it. For those of us with aftermarket bumpers which fit closely to that bracket, the lip of the bracket sits underneath the back edge of the bumper. By lifting the body wondering if this bracket will need to be removed ( its riveted on) or the bumper moved forward for it to clearance the bumper as the body comes up?

Jason- The 1/2" kits are these measuring right at 12.5 mm or a little more or little less ( thinking ahead on a little taller profile tire 34" and dont want the full 1" kit)?

Also on my 05 there is a bracket/apron/valence ( sorry dont know the exact word for the part) mounted just below the grill and headlights and it has a lip on it. For those of us with aftermarket bumpers which fit closely to that bracket, the lip of the bracket sits underneath the back edge of the bumper. By lifting the body wondering if this bracket will need to be removed ( its riveted on) or the bumper moved forward for it to clearance the bumper as the body comes up?

They are 1/2" and 1" or .500" and 1.00" or 12.7mm and 25.4mm

Bracket need to be removed or bent back. I build my bumpers to be below these clips. I bend them back away from the bumper.

With the 1" kit the stock bumper pulled away from these clips after about 3/4".

J

J

I get all confused when I see metric. It took me 20 years to get used to Murica units.

Nice work

V

J

Done! Thanks, Jason.

J
I need someone with front and rear Dissent bumpers to install the 1/2” kit and get some pics up!!! I’m very interested but want to see what this will look like.

I need someone with front and rear Dissent bumpers to install the 1/2” kit and get some pics up!!! I’m very interested but want to see what this will look like.

@SierraWheeler has a 1inch BL with Dissent Front and Back. I think it looks pretty good.

J

Thanks Jason. I ordered my kit tonight.

Thanks for your help picking out the right kit.

Jason - I purchased and installed some of your sway bar links last July or August. I've had problems with one of the rears. The one I installed on my driver rear has come down 3 times now, and now on my third bushing. First replacement bushing I had guys at my mechanic cut a new one in Dec./Jan., and they had a spare from a factory kit that they used to remount it yesterday, and they couldn't figure out what's going on either.

The truck doesn't get wheeled much or hard when I do. 2000, 205k, no rust. Rear OME865, new OEM shocks. This is not a callout, I've even enjoyed the thrill of taking a right turn and feeling like it was getting away from me.

No problems whatsoever from the other 3 corners. I am by no means blaming this on your product, only thought I would document it and possibly figure out what's going on.

Jason - I purchased and installed some of your sway bar links last July or August. I've had problems with one of the rears. The one I installed on my driver rear has come down 3 times now, and now on my third bushing. First replacement bushing I had guys at my mechanic cut a new one in Dec./Jan., and they had a spare from a factory kit that they used to remount it yesterday, and they couldn't figure out what's going on either.

The truck doesn't get wheeled much or hard when I do. 2000, 205k, no rust. Rear OME865, new OEM shocks. This is not a callout, I've even enjoyed the thrill of taking a right turn and feeling like it was getting away from me.

No problems whatsoever from the other 3 corners. I am by no means blaming this on your product, only thought I would document it and possibly figure out what's going on.

I honestly have no idea. I've used the same Energy Suspension bushings since day one and I have close to 1000 sets in the field (most are military/govt models) now. To my knowledge I have not had any issues with the bushings or none have been brought to my attention or discussed in any open forum.

Is the sway bar end bent, upper link mount damaged/bent or sway bar shifted to one side? Just throwing things out that might cause a bind on that one bushing set. Bent is more likely my first thought as the other side is fine and no issues with bushings.

Jason

Thanks for the feedback. Since it’s recenty secured I’ll take some photos and post them to get your thoughts.

Ordered a 1" lift kit.

Curious that the kit does not need a steering column spacer.
You did not run into any steering issues problems with your 1" lift J?

Ordered a 1" lift kit.

Curious that the kit does not need a steering column spacer.
You did not run into any steering issues problems with your 1" lift J?

No, I released the steering coupler bolts, let it adjust itself and it is fine. No catching or tightness after this step.

J

No, I released the steering coupler bolts, let it adjust itself and it is fine. No catching or tightness after this step.

J

That's great. If you have not already done so. This would be a good step to put into your installation instruction set for the 1" BL. It would prevent a lot of problems later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom