Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just ordered two recovery points and TD recovery kit.

Thanks Jason

Vince

This would not work well with a nonlift AHC. The bracket sits too high which causes the sensor to lift the front. The bracket would have to be re-engineered/modified to match the stock location of the sensor.

I broke the linkage on one of my sensors a while back and just built a new one with some threaded rod and some 90° joints. Any reason you couldn't just make a custom length one like that and not have to play with the brackets?

Yes. You could totally do that. I only needed to adjust a little to get the pressure correct. I have sway a way torsion bars which help it sit higher.

MVIMG_20190513_192712.jpg

Here is how it sits with the bracket bent down

This would not work well with a nonlift AHC. The bracket sits too high which causes the sensor to lift the front. The bracket would have to be re-engineered/modified to match the stock location of the sensor.
It doesn’t look like you adjusted the rod length at all. Did you?

I just installed the antenna mount and tried with my Firestick antenna. Like others, I needed to slightly adjust the bracket and actually adjusted my door to get clearance between the door and bracket when closed. I have a question. Is this the intended angle for the antenna? It angles close to the body vs. being vertical. I will likely remove the antenna when not needed. Overall, the quality is nice.

D368EDA5-B748-481E-AE23-6B1FE5A3302B.jpeg

I just installed the antenna mount and tried with my Firestick antenna. Like others, I needed to slightly adjust the bracket and actually adjusted my door to get clearance between the door and bracket when closed. I have a question. Is this the intended angle for the antenna? It angles close to the body vs. being vertical. I will likely remove the antenna when not needed. Overall, the quality is nice.

View attachment 1980882View attachment 1980883
View attachment 1980884

Correct on angle. I wanted the antenna as close as possible to the body/roof for best possible ground plane/signal. When further away it causes issues tuning the antenna/CB.

J

Curious if you still plan on making a fuel tank skid plate for these or gave it any further thought about the design?

Another round of diff drops getting started.

J
Are these very difficult to install? Could I put this on my Cruiser and then later do a lift or would that be out of order?

Platform brackets are up on the website.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom