TPS replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi fellas,

about to replace the TPS on a 97 450 and would like to know, is it too difficult to calibrate the new sensor once it is replaced?

I know that I need a multimeter but overall, is the calibration manageable to accomplish?

yes - there actually isn't a whole lot of magic to it: you can turn it to the right or to the left as much as the bracket allows - I would suggest to mount it in a position similar to what you have now

hey @DSRTRDR, thanks for the info.

I took a picture of the current TPS installed as a reference for the position but I’m a little hesitant with the calibration part and the 0-5v fine tuning thing.

As this is the first time that I’m doing this on a LX, noob question, do I really need a multimeter to calibrate the new sensor or just installing the new TPS on the same position as the current one installed would work?

I installed the new one and didn't mess with fine tuning

I used the multimeter to measure where the dead spot was on the old one - because I had tried for a while to run the old one by rotating away from the dead spot, but eventually installed the new one anyway

a multimeter is good to have, though, for many other things as well - and learn how to use it

the Factory Service Manual is also good to have

Hey @DSRTRDR

Finally installed the TPS and it is working great. Just marked the position of the old tps and installed the new one on the exact same position. It is driving much smoother now.

Really recommend replacing that sensor if folks are driving these trucks with an old one.

👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom