TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keeping the hoop on to see if I can get the 40 bikini top to fit.
IMG_7605.jpeg

So simplemans bikini top for a BJ74. I had an old Bestop aluminum rail from my FJ40. Without drilling holes into the truck window frame I drilled into the rails using existing holes. Turns out the 40 series is essentially same width but it’s straight. My bikini top is sunbrella and custom to my 6 point roll cage. So the tucks are over a foot behind the 74 hoop. But it does fit. It would billow terribly while driving but usable. I can park at night now and keep the dew and rain off the seats and dash.

IMG_7611.jpeg
IMG_7612.jpeg
IMG_7613.jpeg
IMG_7614.jpeg
IMG_7615.jpeg

I used to see that in cedar quite often, haven't for a while tho. Always liked it, but I couldn't live with the mileage it'd get.

Used to think about diesel swapping one of those, but I don't think a straight 6 would fit...

15BFT would be perfect in there. Sure wish they were easier to get here.

Yeah, in my early days of 12ht ownership and RHD hating I thought about swapping it into other trucks, but that didn't happen obviously:lol:

Those 15bfts do sound good. At the moment my 3bt has plenty of go, but it's still a 40 year old lump with dubious history, so if it pops, I'll put in my spare and get more serious about what to replace it with.

My 12ht as much as I like it, kinda falls into the same category, almost worse because they made so few of them.

So just for s***s and giggles I did a search on those.

Just a couple clicks on Alibaba, and you're all set...
What could go wrong?😳

FYI… a pinz is not a storage shed.

Just say’n 🤣
Unfortunately this one is at this time. Needs some work on the ticker to get her going. Fugly was rather mistreated by the previous owner... chipping away slowly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom