Toyota parts on back order? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went down to my local dealership to order new spindle nuts and the locking tabs on Tuesday. Well they called me and said they are on national back order. Anyone else had any issues with getting special order parts?

I need a set for one spindle before next week end so I can go wheeling. Anyone know a place that will sell them individually?

Thanks

Try Cruiser Outfitters or ACC. They may have some.

Amazing. What motivates a dealer to come up with that BS? Are they just not interested in selling certain parts that they can't make enough money on?

Your dealer is in the world of South East Toyota (SET), which is a private distributor for Toyotas and parts - one of only 2 left in the US I believe. They may march to a different drumbeat at times and source their parts in their own distribution chain.

DougM

Looks like SET is only in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina & South Carolina. Not the great Commonwealth of Virginia where slow91fl90 is... and myself of course. This dealer might just suck.

Your dealer is in the world of South East Toyota (SET), which is a private distributor for Toyotas and parts - one of only 2 left in the US I believe. They may march to a different drumbeat at times and source their parts in their own distribution chain.

DougM

Doug is right. SET and Gulf States Toyota are independent/private distributors of Toyota vehicles/services/parts. They do indeed march to a different drumbeat.

Call Ironpig.
That was your mistake right there, not calling Beno or CDan first.
They cater to cruisers, they most likely have whatever you need in stock and ready to go.
And it is cool to shoot the $hit with Beno every now and then but hopefully not to much if you know what I mean because that would mean something is broken and that is no good.

See you at Crozet next weekend man.

Last edited:
Email Sent Call me
Dealer here in Richmond has them.
I am going by there and will check to make sure they are the right ones
They have been pretty good to me there.
I can get them and send them up to you or we could meet half way somewhere

sometimes parts guys make mistakes too. If he was looking up the wrong part, this does happen every now and then. Thats why I like to look at their screen when ordering esoteric stuff.

Problem solved
Parts are on there way Matt
See you at Crozet next weekend.

sometimes parts guys make mistakes too. If he was looking up the wrong part, this does happen every now and then. Thats why I like to look at their screen when ordering esoteric stuff.

Or maybe a newbie, parts guys (or gals in my case) do make mistakes, butcommon parts on backorder should ring a bell

BS.

446 in the US/230 in transit

We have 4 in stock.

Beno,

I've been having some trouble getting a hold of a OEM windshielf for a '02 100 series with the bronze tint... my glass guy is telling me that there are none in the US. Is there any way that you could verify their story?

Thanks!

Beno,

I've been having some trouble getting a hold of a OEM windshielf for a '02 100 series with the bronze tint... my glass guy is telling me that there are none in the US. Is there any way that you could verify their story?

Thanks!

These types of personal requests are best taken care of by PMing me or calling.

But since you asked, 9 available in the US, 12 in transit to the States from Nippon, and 3 backorders.

Beno,

You crack-a me up (envision a mafia guy) wid your funny stuff!....heh.

DougM

Its not just a SET thing, I have two Toyota dealers in my area that could care less about my business. I'll gladly pay to ship from CDan or Beno, rather than to deal with these two ever again(Stephen Toyota and McDonough Toyota).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom