Toyo Open Country AT3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Discount is showing the oc at3 315 75 r16 to weigh 66 lbs.

Does that seem light to anyone else?
Light weight is a pro until it's a con, obviously.

Thoughts fellas?
Light? My SAM-27 Swampers are 67 lbs.

Yes I was incorrect on the "light" thing.

Several competitive options I was looking at were in the 72lb range, but that seems to the exception, not the norm.

Weight on the OC AT3 is fine.

Just received a set of 5 in 285/75R17 (load range C) to replace Toyo MT's I've had in the same size for 8 ish years. Really looking forward to them, especially in the winter.

IMG_5125[1].JPEG

Just a quick update.
I had a chance to get into the woods this past Saturday, and these tires did not disappoint. They stuck very nicely to both dry and wet rocks, and got me through just about everything I pointed the truck at. I am quite pleased.

I have been disappointed with my AT-3s. I have put AT-2s on every vehicle I have for some years now and always been very happy with performance and tire life.

I "upgraded" to the AT-3s for my daughter's 4Runner and now at only 35,000 miles they are significantly worn and will have to be replaced soon. I don't know why that is but it's a big disappointment. I don't know whether I can get AT-2s anymore but if not I guess I will have to look at something else.

I have been disappointed with my AT-3s. I have put AT-2s on every vehicle I have for some years now and always been very happy with performance and tire life.

I "upgraded" to the AT-3s for my daughter's 4Runner and now at only 35,000 miles they are significantly worn and will have to be replaced soon. I don't know why that is but it's a big disappointment. I don't know whether I can get AT-2s anymore but if not I guess I will have to look at something else.
No disrespect intended, but I think what's in question here, is how your daughter's 4Runner was driven, since it wasn't you driving it. If it was driven like the "General Lee" in The Dukes of Hazzard, the tires have held up well. Not necessarily your daughter, but maybe her friends. I'm just remembering how I drove as a teen and young adult and away from parents. At least until I had to buy, out of my pocket, gas, tires and oil.....:hmm:

Last edited:
Hah! My daughter saw this thread and she is irate man! (That's AFTER I explained, and showed her, what the General Lee was!) Tells me I better "defend her honor!" :D

I really don't think that's the case. She has always been a careful and fairly cautious driver. She mainly just has driven back and forth to class at the local CC the last couple of years, and to work, and on errands for us. I have seen her driving around town at random times in the past and I haven't seen anything like that. And in this town, there are plenty of people who would be glad to tell me if they saw her doing that!

Also, I drove that Runner for 4 years before I turned it over to her, I don't think it has enough power to even chirp the tires!

:beer:

Last edited:
Hah! My daughter saw this thread and she is irate man! (That's AFTER I explained, and showed her, what the General Lee was!) Tells me I better "defend her honor!" :D

I really don't think that's the case. She has always been a careful and fairly cautious driver. She mainly just has driven back and forth to class at the local CC the last couple of years, and to work, and on errands for us. I have seen her driving around town at random times in the past and I haven't seen anything like that. And in this town, there are plenty of people who would be glad to tell me if they saw her doing that!

Also, I drove that Runner for 4 years before I turned it over to her, I don't think it has enough power to even chirp the tires!

:beer:
Like I said at the beginning of my previous post, no disrespect intended for you or your daughter. I was thinking more in the line of her boyfriend or if she loaned out the 4Runner to a friend. Maybe the rig needs an alignment. I'm just not too quick to to say this particular tire is the source for your disappointment. Toyo AT III is a quality tire and I believe it has a mileage warranty of 65K miles. Depending on where you bought the tires and still have the documentation, you should be able to have the warranty honored.

For those running these, how are they holding up? Looking mostly to use for daily driving with occasional offroad. How do they handle on wet paved roads, wet/muddy roads, snow or ice? Thanks.

For those running these, how are they holding up? Looking mostly to use for daily driving with occasional offroad. How do they handle on wet paved roads, wet/muddy roads, snow or ice? Thanks.
I've had these tires on for just over a year now. They get an "OK" rating from me. Smooth riding on the highway, less noisy than my last set of tires, decent in the rain. Can't speak about snow as we haven't really had any this year. They're a decent all around tire IMO, but I liked the Duratrack better.

I've had these tires on for just over a year now. They get an "OK" rating from me. Smooth riding on the highway, less noisy than my last set of tires, decent in the rain. Can't speak about snow as we haven't really had any this year. They're a decent all around tire IMO, but I liked the Duratrack better.
They're good in the snow and on hard pack from my experience. Duratacs are great on-road tires but I just can't get over the flimsy sidewalls - I've seen three sidewall punctures happen right in front of me, the only three I've ever seen.

Just saw this review on EP:

Not real impressed that it was a jeep testing the tires or his choice to start with high PSI in the sand, but it's another impression of the Toyo AT III.

I just bought a set of these Toyo at3’s in 255/80r17. They replaced some worn out 255/75r17 bfg mud terrains. They are smooth and quiet and I’m very pleased so far. All of my cruiser’s interior rattles vanished after installing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom