towing trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
thinking of buying a trailer to tow with lc 100 2004 question how will the height control work with an equaliser hitch, [weight distribution hitch], and can anybody sugest a electric brake system or a surge system. trailer will be around 24feet

thanks for reading

Good question with the height control w/ equalizer hitch. I’m not sure on that one, but probably not an issue.

You definitely want electric brakes.
IIRC, you can’t use surge brakes with an equalizer hitch.
DMX

I think it will work fine too but if its a problem, you can also turn "off" the AHC so that it doesn't auto height adjust.

Go for a Tekonsha "Prodigy" brake controller

100 TD said:
Go for a Tekonsha "Prodigy" brake controller

Yes, two thumbs up for the Prodigy.

DMX84 said:
Good question with the height control w/ equalizer hitch. I’m not sure on that one, but probably not an issue.

You definitely want electric brakes.
IIRC, you can’t use surge brakes with an equalizer hitch.
DMX

24ft trailer is a big long load for a AHC equipped 100. Yes on the brake control and you may want to look into helper air bags for the rear coil springs. When the AHC is loaded down....you can over load the shocks and it will fall into limp mode.

Dont ask me how I know. :doh:

Toylexmods said:
24ft trailer is a big long load for a AHC equipped 100. Yes on the brake control and you may want to look into helper air bags for the rear coil springs. When the AHC is loaded down....you can over load the shocks and it will fall into limp mode.

Dont ask me how I know. :doh:

What happens when AHC goes into limp mode?

Never had a problem with AHC when towing a light (3k lb gross) trailer, and the auto-leveling function turned out to be quite useful for this, in fact.

But I have experienced weird suspension behavior before that seemed like some kind of limp mode: It went into full-stiff, wouldn't change until I shut the vehicle off, then restarted.

It only happened on one particular stretch of interstate near Anniston AL, with several miles of particularly vigorous washboard effect at concrete sections joints. No where else.

Figured the "brains" suffered a memory buffer overload and crashed to a limp mode, due to rapid & regular high-magnitude sensor inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom