Totaled my 200, I need some advice... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rest easy.

I'll be interested to see what it auctions for. Heck maybe you can buy the bumpers, sliders, and roof rack back on the cheap from whoever scores it, since most likely whoever buys it will be doing so for factory parts, in which case those aftermarket parts are probably nearly worthless to them.

I'm newish here but recently replaced my lifted GX470 with a 2013 one owner Texas LX570 with only 42k on it :)
I was looking for an LC but couldn't find a non-rust belt truck within my budget and now that I've had a few thou miles couldn't be happier with AHC!
It is by far the most versatile and well controlled 4x4 I've owned in the last 30 years and with 32's (275/65/ 18) it will go anywhere I need go and still gets 18mpg @75 on highway.
I say go LX!
Which wheels/tires did you get? Do you mind posting a couple photos?

I had a 2014 LX570 that my wife drove before the 2019 LC. The LX felt much more luxurious on the inside. The ride was also luxurious as in floaty and disconnected. And, to me, it felt like I was driving a much bigger vehicle than our current LC. It was also so nice that it was difficult for me to really use it as a truck, such as to haul cargo on the inside. (The fact that it was my wife's daily driver may have also contributed to that feeling.) We traded the LX for another car because it was also too large for my wife to daily.
Having owned both I very much prefer my LC. Since you obviously know the attributes of the LC, I won't bore you with my impressions of it. But, just on looks alone, I like the LC much better. With the LX, the luxury comes with the AHC and that humongous grill. I would take the power third row seats, however.

Which wheels/tires did you get? Do you mind posting a couple photos?
I put in 5 spoke tundra alloys with 275/65/18 Cooper AT3 4S. Am totally happy with this combo. These tires are Mtn. snowpeak rated yet have good load rating (30psi RCTIP per Gaijin) and have been great in everything I've thrown at them.
Will post some daylight pics tomorrow.

Holly Carp !!

That is bad. I hope it was hit while empty. How does that kind of carnage happen? What possible salvage value is there in what remains?

That is bad. I hope it was hit while empty. How does that kind of carnage happen? What possible salvage value is there in what remains?

Oh man! Judging from the cut pillars, that was probably occupied. I can't imagine how terrible a wreck like that would have to be.

With front left suspension missing, significant enough impact to crush the timing chain cover, hood skin missing, and type of crumpling all over my bet is either offset impact then sent off a cliff/embankment, or just went off the embankment. Also with the way the roof was removed it’s possible it was a recovery and not a rescue. All doors and roof removed but b-pillars still in place isn’t a good sign. Though the driver side compartment itself seems decently free of problems. I don’t see any blood... but it might have been upside down too.

I’d love to know the story here.

With front left suspension missing, significant enough impact to crush the timing chain cover, hood skin missing, and type of crumpling all over my bet is either offset impact then sent off a cliff/embankment, or just went off the embankment. Also with the way the roof was removed it’s possible it was a recovery and not a rescue. All doors and roof removed but b-pillars still in place isn’t a good sign. Though the driver side compartment itself seems decently free of problems. I don’t see any blood... but it might have been upside down too.

I’d love to know the story here.

A little KSL action. It was Utah and was a 2017 Land Cruiser so there you have it. Kill your wife, drive off a cliff.
Man accused of killing his wife in Huntsville found dead in his vehicle, police say | KSL.com

Can anyone ID the model and size of the wheels?
22EDC372-E294-4031-8547-54445E745C85.jpeg
60EB7903-B224-432D-B5F1-83F3F03ADC53.jpeg
7B5474CA-8473-4324-B476-CD545AC7E63C.png

Desert Yeti,
I saw today on AutoTrader an 11 LX with 120K for $25K in San Diego. It’s stock, at a dodge dealer.

The only real negatives to the LX are the hideous front bumper on the current models and potentially the AHC if it breaks or isn't rated to handle the weight you want/need to carry. I don't know enough about the AHC to give you a useful answer there. Cosmetics are a personal thing, so that's definitely your call.

overland-vehicle-preparation-overlanding-fahrzeugumbau-offroad-tips-erfahrungen-r%25C3%25BCckblick.JPG

TransAfrica-Flyer.jpg

The Land Cruiser 200 is also sold as 5.1to armored car and AHC Specs Same Axles, same frame.

And did you see my trips through africa, south america, Iceland and europe with a AHC suspension based Land Cruiser 200 Diesel V8 (european specs)?

The vehicle is now over 8 Years and did pass the 68`000 miles (110`000km) on the clock. Over the past years we did live over an year inside of our Landcruiser.

It is depending on your country, how the GVWR is rated, and how far you can legalize it. Australia at sample allows till 3865 kg.

My travel weight is above the aussi limit named above, if fully restocked (fuel, water, food & drinks for 14days)...

My advise is always to travel legal, but a landcruiser 200 - or also the embedded AHC - can handle more without issues... Want to say, that the AHC is very solid, very comfortable, very capable. A reason to choose a vehicle with AHC!

@ Desert Yeti: maybe you all was lucky. If the water had raised hours later while all of you sleeping.... Good luck with choosing a new one!

Last edited:
The Land Cruiser 200 is also sold as 5.1to armored car and AHC Specs Same Axles, same frame.

And did you see my trips through africa, south america, Iceland and europe with a AHC suspension based Land Cruiser 200 Diesel V8 (european specs)?

The vehicle is now over 8 Years and did pass the 68`000 miles (110`000km) on the clock. Over the past years we did live over an year inside of our Landcruiser.

It is depending on your country, how the GVWR is rated, and how far you can legalize it. Australia at sample allows till 3865 kg.

My travel weight is above the aussi limit named above, if fully restocked (fuel, water, food & drinks for 14days)...

My advise is always to travel legal, but a landcruiser 200 - or also the embedded AHC - can handle more without issues... Want to say, that the AHC is very solid, very comfortable, very capable. A reason to choose a vehicle with AHC!

@ Desert Yeti: maybe you all was lucky. If the water had raised hours later while all of you sleeping.... Good luck with choosing a new one!
Yeah, I've heard that AHC is very reliable and had it and really enjoyed the benefits of it on my 2006 LX. But it is a potential failure point that's more troublesome to deal with than traditional shocks and springs if it fails where you don't have access to good service facilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom