TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got up late. Water new plants outside or make coffee. Plants win. No coffee made at home.

Starbucks. Carry on.

Cool buildings and awnings outside. Burnt over roasted garbage swill served with fancy names. Something in a mask takes my order for a medium coffee with a splash of cream. Customer beside me gives me a curt glance because I didn’t order correctly using the hyped terminology. I smile and wish her a good morning. She smiles and turns her back to me. Everyone in the lobby is bouncing around and apologizing to each other. I take note and count how many times “I’m sorry” is spoken out loud during my four minute experience. Eight times. Guess we are no longer expressing being offended but just cutting straight to being sorry. Get my coffee and walk towards the door to exit. The “Good Morning back turner” grabs her fancy drink off the counter after me and proceeds to bolt around me to get to the exit with barely enough time for me to hold back. “I’m sorry” didn’t come from her mouth but she did push the door open hard enough so I could exit unscathed. I should have been aware enough to catch the tags on her car sooner.

Maryland.
It must be exhausting, giving that many ****s about how other people are doing, thinking, moving, speaking

It must be exhausting, giving that many f***s about how other people are doing, thinking, moving, speaking
It is exhausting. If only everyone were just like me, this world would be…….disorganized, self-absorbed, absurdly irrational, and hypnotized by technology. I am reading a good book now though.

image.jpg

@jvalex it’s oddly a good read. Not what I thought it was. I can send you a copy if you wish.

@AWOLDoc right back at you. All in good fun of course.

image.jpg

OK, so congress just denied a $17.6 B for Israel. For now. Cool.
Our infrastructure nationally is falling apart and our government is wondering how much we should send off shore, again.
Who sends us money?

Why would anyone send us money when it is more lucrative to invest in our national debt? Helps increase their dollar value.
I hope they don't foreclose on us...I'm too old to learn Mandarin.

I wonder what special projects were added into the bill making it impassible? Not stirring the pot here, just a gut reaction. A lot of proposals begin with good intent but then our system takes over and distorts what is really in a proposal. Unfortunately it seems like that happens all the time.

We do get foreign aid from time to time although most of the time its in the form of technology sharing to our government. Financial aid we get during great natural disasters.
I'm glad that that bill got shot down. Israel is at war with a "country" that is tiny and poor compared to them. The GDP of Palestine is 19 Billion vs 522 Billion for Israel. I'm not entirely sure why they need free money to fight that kind of war. It would be like us asking for free cash to help fight a war with Switzerland, if they were our neighbor, meaning no huge military transport costs.
Not commenting anything on the war itself just the financial aspects of it.

@lt1fire thank you for that logical input. I had a “dog tilting its head sideways” paradigm shift moment thanks to your commentary. Now to go and apply this new found knowledge to other aspects of my life. “ Son, now that you are making a decent salary….”

Ha!

It will never ever happen, but single item legislation should be mandatory. Make each item stand or fail on its own. And as the bill is read into the congressional record by the legislators that wrote it, they should be required to include the names of individuals ,pacs, and companies that have made campaign contributions, and day date and time, with meeting notes, of any meetings that took place with those entities.

It will never ever happen, but single item legislation should be mandatory. Make each item stand or fail on its own. And as the bill is read into the congressional record by the legislators that wrote it, they should be required to include the names of individuals ,pacs, and companies that have made campaign contributions, and day date and time, with meeting notes, of any meetings that took place with those entities.
This for sure. And the politicians are (almost always) cowards. They want to show a "win" to their constituents, so voting "yes" on a bill that brings some sort of pork or campaign promise home always helps.

I wonder what special projects were added into the bill making it impassible? Not stirring the pot here, just a gut reaction. A lot of proposals begin with good intent but then our system takes over and distorts what is really in a proposal. Unfortunately it seems like that happens all the time.

It was supposed to be a standalone bill to expedite funding and separate from a combined U.S. border-security/Ukraine/Israel bill that was really just weighted towards another metric s***-ton of money to Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom