Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello everyone, I have been around here for some time figured I would introduce myself. Name's Andrew I purchased a '94 80 in April 2012 live around the Olathe area. I had never considered a Toyota until my second tour we acquired two 80's both were 91's and base models, we cannibalized one for parts for the other. Anyway we tore that thing up and it never missed a beat that thing still would start and just go.
so.. I returned home sold my Yj and my truck and came up with an 80. Purchased my 94 150k lockers and all.
I've had it out a few times wheeling mostly with J**p's as I know of no one with a Toyota. I've seen a blue 60 lifted around town and few stock 80's as well as a lifted 4 runner. I know folks are there.

When I bought it.
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz130/babytruck/1994 FZJ80/IMAG0068.jpg
Float trip
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz130/babytruck/1994 FZJ80/DSC00199.jpg
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz130/babytruck/1994 FZJ80/IMAG0104.jpg

The other day wheeling

Welcome Andrew! Look forward to seeing you on the trails with our group (the hecklers will add that I have the least amount of trail time -- but I have the bug now). I agree the 80's just keep going. One great benefit of joining our group (besides the fact that we have a great group of fun loving folks that always have your back) is the discounts we get at Molle on parts, so think about joining.

After being gone from Kansas for 10 years, I just moved into Marion, KS... I haven't been able to do too much wheeling over the last two years, but now that I am here I'm getting the itch!!

Last edited:
My Ride

Here is Lexy from my Colorado trail runs in 2011

Lexy.jpg

blackbear.jpg

Nice pucker factor there.

Welcome to the group. Hope you can make Smorr!

Tanner McNamara
Wanted to introduce myself to everyone. It took me a month of reading about and drooling over Land Cruisers to find this forum/group. I'm very happy I did. It seems like you guys are all very supportive and full of information. I plan to make my first Cruiser purchase in the next 6 months. It just depends what comes up. I've been reading every spare minute on this forum the past few days trying to soak up as much knowledge and advice as I can. I will be moving out of Kansas soon due to military commitments but my heart will remain here in Kansas. I look forward to getting to know everyone. If you have any advice or knowledge you want to shoot my way please feel free!

If you need any help let us know. Welcome!

(Also don't read to much into the negatives, seems to be a lot of that here)

Hey guys! My name is Jack. Local to the KC area, drive a '07 Toyota Tundra with the 5.7, OME kit, Ranch Hand brush guard, and Borla duals on there. I just picked up a '97 LX 450 and know it'll have its little quirks. I'm interested in wrenching on these things but anything beyond the basics is honestly beyond me.

The rig I bought has 143k miles and needs some brakes. Anybody know a good mechanic? Or, better yet, anybody have some free time to donate for beer/??? for the upcoming? I know the future holds an OME lift, ARB bumper to start once I get this thing running well.

-rockstate

welcome, we might be able to work out a beer donation.. or perhaps a beer ingredient donation and help you with your brakes... Hmmmmm Colin and i need to brew another batch soon..

welcome, we might be able to work out a beer donation.. or perhaps a beer ingredient donation and help you with your brakes... Hmmmmm Colin and i need to brew another batch soon..

haha Im always down to throw in for that. I got the brakes down over at Calvert for a price I couldn't pass up (they needed 'em BADLY).

With that said, I have an EGR code (P0401 if my memory serves correctly) that I might want to track down. After that, I'd like to tackle the PHH then start with the fun toys.

So, if anybody wants to teach me a thing or two about this thing, I'll bring the beer and a notepad.

My pride and joy with the LX:

My little guy in there:

Got a little ambition and fixed the shaky mirror syndrome. Worked like a champ with the JB Weld. (Note, not final assembly - I cleaned it up a little bit better)

-rockstate

I registered for SMORR coming up in Sept, but unfortunately I have run into a snag getting my truck finished up and cannot go. Who would I contact about a refund for the event? Tried looking elsewhere to post, and emailed Rob but haven't gotten a response yet.

Its fun even without a truck! Good times hanging and riding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using IH8MUD

I have room in my rig !

Several years ago, I set my goal to bring my 40 to an event. Didn't make the goal or the event, but got a cool T-shirt and Erik informed me that I did not win the raffle. (I think that was the year he won the ARB gift card)...... hmmmm

:)

Kelly,
If you don't make it this year, I'll hold your raffle ticket.

Also, if you don't make it, I regret to inform you that you didn't win the ARB fridge...

I have room in my rig !

Several years ago, I set my goal to bring my 40 to an event. Didn't make the goal or the event, but got a cool T-shirt and Erik informed me that I did not win the raffle. (I think that was the year he won the ARB gift card)...... hmmmm

:)

Having front axel issues, birfs? Whose the right mechanic in KC? Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Olaf,

Several folks on this board have rebuilt fronts on 80 series rigs and some may pipe up to help. If you are looking for dealers, members get a discount over at Molle. Last I heard, you are talking 2k for a rebuild with fresh bearings and seals, more if you need birfs or spindles.

k

Thanks for replying. Was more interested in a mechanic not at a dealership. Do most of the work on the truck myself, thought about getting professional help for this. How many zero's is 2k? May just take a couple days off next week.

First off... I am typically the last to assume, but with the "Mission Hills" location, I jumped to the assumption that you did not wrench yourself. Sorry.

My .02 is that it is a technical job, that is not all that hard to do. That being said there are a few tricks to learn. Do you have a FSM or do you have the link to the scanned version?

Jack just did his, so he can tell you that it is a whole lot of cleaning parts. I recommend getting a parts washer and soaking overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom