Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi there! I’m Heather Kennedy and I moved to KCMO from California in 2019 to work at the animal shelter—KC Pet Project. I bought my 1997 FZJ from a fellow mudder in 2006 and loved that vehicle. Sadly, in 2017 it started giving engine codes that kept it from passing smog inspections in California, so I couldn’t get it registered. I had it transported here when I moved to KCMO and since then, it has been in the driveway, unmoving. (I should have warned you to have tissue ready when you read this.) I’m not making excuses, but DAMN! It is hard to get a vehicle registered in this state with fewer than 10 trips to the DMV to find out what item you’re missing THIS time. Anyway, I’m moving to Olathe next month and I needed to figure out what to do with my neglected buddy in the driveway. Rob came over today and told me all is not lost, and with a little juice in the battery it started right up. I’m going to drive it over to him when he has time so he can do some work on it for me, and then you’ll be spotting it around town a lot.

In the mean time, I plan to be at the next get together, but I will be in a 1992 Toyota SR5. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

5C8A4B0F-9B5F-44F0-A5C8-AA5E9644D377.jpeg

Nice clean CA Rig there!! Welcome to Kansas, polar opposite from the communist state you hailed from on the pacific rim. Once you get your VIN inspected and car registered, we have no vehicle inspections!!! Life is good.

Nice clean CA Rig there!! Welcome to Kansas, polar opposite from the communist state you hailed from on the pacific rim. Once you get your VIN inspected and car registered, we have no vehicle inspections!!! Life is good.
Exactly what I was going to say! That’s a great looking 80. For your VIN inspection, just be sure to bring the right paperwork the first time, and you’ll be set. Welcome to KS

Hi everyone!

My name is Kendall. Born and raised in Kansas City and I drive an 02 LX - Old Man Tan - with 297k on the clock. I've had it for about a year and a half and continue to enjoy this machine more and more every single day. I had an 05 GX, but ended up selling as I never drove it and couldn't justify $9k sitting in the driveway.

Current "build" list:

- OME 2in lift
- OME Torsion Bars
- Ironman Diff Drop kit
- SLEE Medium Springs
- 305 65 18 Nitto Grappler G2
- Tons of misc. parts as I ended up replacing everything underneath when purchased
- Removed all rear seats except single passenger second row.

Looking to purchase cheaper sliders from a local fab shop and I4x4 front bumper next.

Just found some 18 steelies for $80 on marketplace out in OP and put them on last week.

LX wheels.jpg

Hi everyone!

My name is Kendall. Born and raised in Kansas City and I drive an 02 LX - Old Man Tan - with 297k on the clock. I've had it for about a year and a half and continue to enjoy this machine more and more every single day. I had an 05 GX, but ended up selling as I never drove it and couldn't justify $9k sitting in the driveway.

Current "build" list:

- OME 2in lift
- OME Torsion Bars
- Ironman Diff Drop kit
- SLEE Medium Springs
- 305 65 18 Nitto Grappler G2
- Tons of misc. parts as I ended up replacing everything underneath when purchased
- Removed all rear seats except single passenger second row.

Looking to purchase cheaper sliders from a local fab shop and I4x4 front bumper next.

Just found some 18 steelies for $80 on marketplace out in OP and put them on last week.

View attachment 3307385
Welcome, Kendall! Seen your rig out at the office a few times (I have the black 80 and 100s that periodically end up on your side).

Jack

Hi y'all, this is Nolan Kappelman, and my new to me 2002 LX470. Picked it up from Milwaukee and drove it to KC early this month. New to automotive work in general but so far I've been able to get a few things patched up. Currently working on a fuel tank swap and full underbody rust treatment. Located in Lawrence. I've worked in environmental consulting for the past 10 years. Recent focus toward learning to program HTML/CSS/Java/Python. Look forward to meeting some people at the TAC meetup or the KCTC meetup tomorrow.

Hey everyone, I’ve met some of you guys at the meetups but I finally made a profile on Ih8mud after years of lurking. My name is Henrry and I grew up in south Kansas City. My dad got me into Land cruisers. I ended up buying my first one almost 5 years ago, a 96 80 series. Loved driving it so much I ended up getting hooked. I currently have two 80 series and a 200. I like to maintain them myself as much as I can, gives me something to do! Hopefully I can join on of the the off-road trips some day. Nice to meet you all!

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_7706.jpeg

IMG_5421.jpeg

Hey everyone, I’ve met some of you guys at the meetups but I finally made a profile on Ih8mud after years of lurking. My name is Henrry and I grew up in south Kansas City. My dad got me into Land cruisers. I ended up buying my first one almost 5 years ago, a 96 80 series. Loved driving it so much I ended up getting hooked. I currently have two 80 series and a 200. I like to maintain them myself as much as I can, gives me something to do! Hopefully I can join on of the the off-road trips some day. Nice to meet you all!

View attachment 3427474

View attachment 3427475

View attachment 3427476
Welcome! At SMORR this weekend. Come on down.

Hey guys, it’s Austin!

Didn’t even realize there was a ih8mud group, so I’ll post on here!
I have a 1989 Landcruiser 74 series with a 13BT engine and lots of work to be done

So far I’ve done spring over axle, upgraded but too big of a turbo, 37s, made the front bumper and threw on a 24V Aisin planetary winch (also have the Warn 8274 Aisin copy in 24V), came with factory cable lockers. In the cards next are a anti wrap bar and replacing the rear springs (thanks to Kelly having some spares from his unicorn 73!), then throwing in 4:1 tcase gears and twin stick, rear tube bumper, and probably 4 link the rear.
IMG_4625.jpeg
IMG_5017.jpeg
IMG_5179.jpeg
IMG_7352.jpeg
IMG_5017.jpeg

Hey guys, it’s Austin!

Didn’t even realize there was a ih8mud group, so I’ll post on here!
I have a 1989 Landcruiser 74 series with a 13BT engine and lots of work to be done

So far I’ve done spring over axle, upgraded but too big of a turbo, 37s, made the front bumper and threw on a 24V Aisin planetary winch (also have the Warn 8274 Aisin copy in 24V), came with factory cable lockers. In the cards next are a anti wrap bar and replacing the rear springs (thanks to Kelly having some spares from his unicorn 73!), then throwing in 4:1 tcase gears and twin stick, rear tube bumper, and probably 4 link the rear. View attachment 3432374View attachment 3432375View attachment 3432376View attachment 3432378View attachment 3432375
Looks great in pictures, and even better on the trail! Great to see 70 series hitting trails in the US!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom