Took a Flyer - Here's Yogi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

77mustard40

SILVER Star
Threads
Guys found this one the weekend and bought it (pending Edwin's review) to take north. Takes the heat off figuring out what to replace the pickup with.

image-3596210855.jpg

Meet Yogi, a second owner 99 hundy with 159 on the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-3895281679.jpg

image-3779870544.jpg

image-3596210855.jpg

arcteryx said:
Look good Kelly! If Edwin approves, you are gonna drive it to ID?

Yep and it will take up residence there.

Guys found this one the weekend and bought it (pending Edwin's review) to take north. Takes the heat off figuring out what to replace the pickup with.

Meet Yogi, a second owner 99 hundy with 159 on the clock.

Congrats Kelly, good score. You'll love the 100. Is that the one that's been on craigslist?

Sea Knight said:
Congrats Kelly, good score. You'll love the 100. Is that the one that's been on craigslist?

Yep it popped up a couple days ago. I was first in line and went for it when I say the rear locker and rear AC. Don't know if they priced that but what's a couple hundred $? It's essentially a one owner and just had the timing belt 1,000 miles ago.

Yep it popped up a couple days ago. I was first in line and went for it when I say the rear locker and rear AC. Don't know if they priced that but what's a couple hundred $? It's essentially a one owner and just had the timing belt 1,000 miles ago.

Rear e-locker and rear AC were standard features in '99, which was the last year for the factory locker, making it the "best" 100 year IMO. You may (probably) have heated seats too. At 169K it's barely broken in. I'd think the water pump was replaced along with the timing belt. Again, good score. The 100 is a beast. I still wish we'd kept ours. May be time to buy another one. ;)

Nice score. You're gonna want to keep it here as a DD :)

Sea Knight said:
Rear e-locker and rear AC were standard features in '99, which was the last year for the factory locker, making it the "best" 100 year IMO. You may (probably) have heated seats too. At 169K it's barely broken in. I'd think the water pump was replaced along with the timing belt. Again, good score. The 100 is a beast. I still wish we'd kept ours. May be time to buy another one. ;)

Looking in the 100 section FAQ it looks like the rear locker and AC were options. Anyway I'm fired up. Pulled the running boards so I hope it checks ok.

image-1567874116.jpg

Take the flares off and it will look better. The flares on the 100 make it look bloated. They were put on by Gulf States at the dock to complete the soccer mom look :)

Last edited:
Wow!
Things move fast...you were just talking about "maybe" getting a hundy on Friday!
So the truck is staying in town and the hundy is going north?

patride71 said:
Wow!
Things move fast...you were just talking about "maybe" getting a hundy on Friday!
So the truck is staying in town and the hundy is going north?

Yep that's the plan

what mods do you have planned for it K?

Kelly is busy Armoralling his tires but I can tell you that he already has Dave searching craigslist for a set of these cool 22" alloys. That'll be his first mod, followed by a 6" lift...:grinpimp:

what mods do you have planned for it K?

Jason, since its going to be a fishing truck and I'm two weeks from driving it up, I really dont have much planned. May need to research shocks since the front feels like original.

What is the best option for stock ride height? Bilsteins?

Get stock shocks from Toyota. I remember the 80 series ones were cheap as hell. Something like $25-$30 each.

I don't remember them being a PITA on my first 80, but that was a while ago. I used the little factory bottle jack and a pry bar.

It's done, truck checked out perfect with exception of antenae.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom