Todays wrenching (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good Ant. those wheels look familiar

1HZ he will be driving the truck for a while to work out the possible bugs then i'm going to turbo charge it. i still have to put E-Lockers and lock out hubs in it. still have to figure out how to make brackets and such to hook up the cruise control and have to charge the A/C system. so i guess it's not really complete but it looks cool.

So how does Junior spend his much deserved vacation?
Working on somebody else's junk!
Thanks man!
Lanestranny2.jpg

1HZ he will be driving the truck for a while to work out the possible bugs then i'm going to turbo charge it. i still have to put E-Lockers and lock out hubs in it. still have to figure out how to make brackets and such to hook up the cruise control and have to charge the A/C system. so i guess it's not really complete but it looks cool.

PICS PICS PICS ...or its not real:flipoff2:

nice rick glad to see you got that PS crap resolved:D

:steer: The pump was new from PSC and I sent them my 4.25 turn box to rebuild.
This was prior to Kina's weekend and anyone that was there can vouch I was squirting fluid like a fountain. All from the round cap on the bottom of the box.
After 4 weeks and many,many conversations w/ them and replacing all else I sent it back.................SUPPOSEDLY............that big nut that sits between the frame rails
is very sensitive to adjustment and it's very close to the frame in the photo. You can see where I ground the nut and the frame to make clearance. The nut let the piston back out and the fluid bypass.:bang:
I also had vibration in the column when returning to center,but new colunm bearings and shaft u-joints fixed all that.:clap:

Last edited:
Colin (my 5yr old) has been after me to get the FJ-62 road worthy and the biggest obstacle has been the exhaust. 20 New England winters and its a goner. So, I ordered all new down pipes, cats, muffler etc. and tried to start taking the old stuff off this weekend. Probably can tell where this is heading......broke all 4 manifold to down pipe bolts.:frown: Kind of expecting it since around 50% of any bolt I touch on this truck snaps off. Looking for opinions. I plan on taking the manifolds off the block (assuming no more bolts snap) then either replacing the manifolds or having a machine shop drill out, helicoil the originals. Surely, somebody has experienced this already?

take the manifold off. hold a nut over the broken stud and weld the stud to the nut through the center. works almost every time. if it's a real bugger it might take a few tries. but it heats everything up and gives you a second chance with a wrench. if all else fails i know James at cruiserparts.net has a couple hundred of these things kicking around.

Getting a new HEI distributor today for the Pig. No sparkie. Also ordered a set of TrXus 35's and some 35 TSL's for the M101. Picked up a set of door speakers to replace the dead ones. SHould be running tonight then off to Fox's this weekend

take the manifold off. hold a nut over the broken stud and weld the stud to the nut through the center. works almost every time. if it's a real bugger it might take a few tries. but it heats everything up and gives you a second chance with a wrench. if all else fails i know James at cruiserparts.net has a couple hundred of these things kicking around.

No welder, but once I pull the old down pipe off, there may be enough stud remaining to double nut them out. I'm hopeful since removing the manifolds is SO much more work. Thanks for the tip Josh.

No welder, but once I pull the old down pipe off, there may be enough stud remaining to double nut them out. I'm hopeful since removing the manifolds is SO much more work. Thanks for the tip Josh.

Throw some PB blaster on it now to let it soak in. When you're going at it, throw more PB on it and heat up the area with a torch. It should come out significantly easier that way.

Sometimes it helps to see if you can actually tighten the bolt a little bit after applying PBlaster. Not a lot, but a little twist sometimes helps. If the bolt binds while you are removing it, reverse it and send it back down the hole a little bit with some more PB. Maybe thats common sense, but wanted to throw it out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom