Today's mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TS888

Almost the person my dog thinks I am...
Threads
I decided it was time for some auxiliary lights, but I wanted something unique.

I have had these vintage Cibie H1's in various BMW's over the years, and I thought it might be fun to do something similar to the "big & little" setup used on 80's BMW sedans, with a 7" H4's and 5.25" H1's.

I used standard H1 buckets with adjusters, and welded up some simple brackets to mount them to the radiator support. A little trimming on the grill and they're in.

When I did my new headlight harness I included a circuit for auxiliary lights, so all I need to do now is run the last couple feet of wire with the plugs for the lamps, and get some 100w H1 bulbs.

Yes, the bugs are all mine and no you can't have any! :hillbilly:
e23.jpg
IMG00036.jpg
IMG00037.jpg

Looks fantastic!

Outstanding! :clap:

Nice!!! I like it. Clean.

Ts888-
Hey nice job on painting up the grille and headlight buckets...just the right mix of blacking out and leaving a little shiny stuff, blends really well with the rest of the 60, unlike some of the blackout jobs I've seen.
Nice.

Great job!

Ts888-
Hey nice job on painting up the grille and headlight buckets...just the right mix of blacking out and leaving a little shiny stuff, blends really well with the rest of the 60, unlike some of the blackout jobs I've seen.
Nice.

Aw, thanks. :eek:
I tried it completely black and it just didn't work for me.

Looks great! Especially on the blacked out grille.

Ok that's a new look.

So if a single round is a 60. 6 series and o headlight.
And they don't have a square letter so they said well we've got 2 lights on each side so let's call it a 62

Then with in reasonable doubt. Yours is a 602 or 620 depending upon which way your so inclined. :)

I love the look on other cars but I don't dig it on the 60.

Sorry

Peter

Ok that's a new look.

So if a single round is a 60. 6 series and o headlight.
And they don't have a square letter so they said well we've got 2 lights on each side so let's call it a 62

Then with in reasonable doubt. Yours is a 602 or 620 depending upon which way your so inclined. :)

Too bad I don't have a 40, then I would have a 420... :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom