TMPS sensors for second wheels set (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I program second set using teachstream without erasing existing one?
No, the truck can remember only one set. If you do not clone the sensors then you'll have to reprogram the sensors with the truck each time your switch between sets.

No, the truck can remember only one set. If you do not clone the sensors then you'll have to reprogram the sensors with the truck each time your switch between sets.
And techstream will list the current IDs so it’s easy to make note of what is currently programmed for future swapping back and forth.

And techstream will list the current IDs so it’s easy to make note of what is currently programmed for future swapping back and forth.
So programming involves writing down all 10 sensor ids, 7-10 digits each, then re-typing the right 5 in every time you swap. Do they have to be in the right location too? Do you write the ids in sharpie to the inside of the rim or something? All a PITA IMO. Get a reader like the TS508 and no hassles.

Last edited:
I used cloned sensors for 2 years then the batteries died…. I went back to Toyota/Lexus OEM and have an Autel TPMS tool and do a reprogram twice a year

Looks like I might have to pick up that Amazon programming tool and set of TPMS for my second set of wheels.

Does anyone know any link to decently priced aftermarket set of TPMS or perhaps Toyota TMPS on the internet?

So programming involves writing down all 10 sensor ids, 7-10 digits each, then re-typing the right 5 in every time you swap. Do they have to be in the right location too? Do you write the ids in sharpie to the inside of the rim or something? All a PITA IMO. Get a reader like the TS508 and no hassles.
They are copy/pasted into my maintenance spreadsheet and the whole operation takes seconds, using a tool I already have for diagnostics. Position doesn’t matter.

It only seems like a PITA because you haven’t yet seen the efficient way to handle it.

And using the reader to determine codes for TS programming introduces some margin for error, but if using clone sensors they don’t come close to OE quality so your hassles just get pushed down the road.

Looks like I might have to pick up that Amazon programming tool and set of TPMS for my second set of wheels.

Does anyone know any link to decently priced aftermarket set of TPMS or perhaps Toyota TMPS on the internet?
Do some searching on here.. year model is very specific and the parts suppliers themselves are not the most accurate knowing which year is compatible with a given model.

Pacific industries makes the sensors for toyota, and often when buying denso sensors they are just reboxed PI parts. But counterfeits have been a thing on Amazon.

Note that PI sensors need to see a pressure rise and fall to be activated out of the box. This threw discount tire for a loop when they put mine in and couldn’t get their reader to detect the codes. but I eventually got them working programming the ecu myself with the IDs I had made note of.

Do some searching on here.. year model is very specific and the parts suppliers themselves are not the most accurate knowing which year is compatible with a given model.

Pacific industries makes the sensors for toyota, and often when buying denso sensors they are just reboxed PI parts. But counterfeits have been a thing on Amazon.

Note that PI sensors need to see a pressure rise and fall to be activated out of the box. This threw discount tire for a loop when they put mine in and couldn’t get their reader to detect the codes. but I eventually got them working programming the ecu myself with the IDs I had made note of.
Thanks for your advice.
I brought a set of Ebay Denso sensors (probably fake) and it always gives me a false warning when tires are getting hot. :(

They are copy/pasted into my maintenance spreadsheet and the whole operation takes seconds, using a tool I already have for diagnostics. Position doesn’t matter.

It only seems like a PITA because you haven’t yet seen the efficient way to handle it.

And using the reader to determine codes for TS programming introduces some margin for error, but if using clone sensors they don’t come close to OE quality so your hassles just get pushed down the road.
I just took picture of the screen or sensors and made a summer and winter folder on my phone for each set when I did it that way.

Grabbing a laptop, booting techstream, etc., and still having all the codes organized is a much more in depth process than just using the Launch tool.

The techstream method becomes more of a pain if your swapped in set has a bad sensor.

I highly recommend the Launch tool from personal experience, and others have had good success with the Autel.

I don't like the Carista subscription model, but technically you can buy it on Amazon and return every time you need one (and it has a 30 day free trial with a new unit), ;).

For me, having a unit that doesn't require internet to work and allow me to clear codes on the go was a big want, and I didn't necessarily want my laptop to be that device, so the Launch serves multiple functions for me.

My biggest gripe with using Techstream was finding a stable software and cable that actually worked. Once that was figured out, it isn't a difficult process.

I have both a Subaru and LX with summer and winter tires. I hate the hassle of getting the TPMS sensors reprogrammed twice per year. The Launch tool looks like a great solution. I could swap tires and reprogram TPMS in my garage, on my schedule. However, one of the videos on how the tool works said that the tool only works with OEM and Launch TPMS sensors. Is this true? Both of my Subaru tires were from the dealer, so probably OEM. But the LX winter tires are from a smaller tire shop, and I don’t think they used OEM. Suggestions appreciated…..

Thanks for your advice.
I brought a set of Ebay Denso sensors (probably fake) and it always gives me a false warning when tires are getting hot. :(
Did you reset the sensors after setting your base psi? If your base is still at 33psi or some other number, and you now run 35+psi, the temp shift from heat could put you in the trigger range for the sensors. The reset button is near the obd2 plug.

I’ll add, I got “Denso” sensors off eBay that I know are fake (printed codes didn’t even match what they broadcast). But they are working. I contacted seller about refund and they told me I would have to return. I would have spent more removing them and shipping than I paid for them. So I’m just hoping they make it through one set of tires and will try again next time.

Check tirerack for sensors and a programmer tool.

I run two different tpms sets and reprogram every season with a tool I picked up for $100 from TR. works for both my ‘19 and my wife’s 21 taco. I do have to use a laptop to reupload the codes to the device but it’s easy and only takes a min or two

Check tirerack for sensors and a programmer tool.

I run two different tpms sets and reprogram every season with a tool I picked up for $100 from TR. works for both my ‘19 and my wife’s 21 taco. I do have to use a laptop to reupload the codes to the device but it’s easy and only takes a min or two
You already have your device but for $80 on ebay others can get a cable and techstream software package that will do this plus full toyota diagnostics.

You already have your device but for $80 on ebay others can get a cable and techstream software package that will do this plus full toyota diagnostics.
Thanks for reminding me I need to get one of these.

In your experience, worth buying the legitimate Mongoose cable or is one of these knock-offs sufficient? Happy to buy oem as I'll keep this thing forever.

Thanks for reminding me I need to get one of these.

In your experience, worth buying the legitimate Mongoose cable or is one of these knock-offs sufficient? Happy to buy oem as I'll keep this thing forever.
Many of us have had good luck with the VXDiag VCX Nano on eBay. Packaged with techstream often. Tho I’m not sure I’d trust that software on a primary computer.

Is this a correct OE sensor for 570?

Denso 550-0103 TPMS 315-MHZ Sensor for Factory Alloy Wheel Options , Black https://a.co/d/4SkmTq1
Watching this as I am considering this as well.
is there a way in techstream to set a dead tpms to 000000 ID and it ignores that entry? or blank out all the entries altogether?

another update, I cleared all codes and with this my TPMS light also went away. When I check my tire pressure, the 4th sensor which is dead is still not reporting anything and in the front display, it saying 'checking' for that sensor. usually it lights up the tpms after few minutes, but now it doesn't light it up. Not sure what made the difference.

another update, I cleared all codes and with this my TPMS light also went away. When I check my tire pressure, the 4th sensor which is dead is still not reporting anything and in the front display, it saying 'checking' for that sensor. usually it lights up the tpms after few minutes, but now it doesn't light it up. Not sure what made the difference.
It can take several trips for the dash light to turn on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom