Rubber grommets for front parking sensors (TJM bumper) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm wanting to remount my front parking sensors in my TJM bumper using rubber grommets to hold them in. Dissent does this with the rear bumper but the holes are smaller and their grommets won't work on my TJM. The TJM holes are 25mm (1"). Unfortunately, I didn't bring a sensor with me when I back home today (I don't live where I keep the cruiser) and I didn't measure the OD of the sensor. Anyone either know this dimension or could measure (the inner circle, w/o the bezel).

1708909096866.png

Then I can find or order grommets before I go back next weekend.

For the 3 of you who might have a need for this, here is the ticket:

IMG_3679.jpeg
IMG_3680.jpeg

I just couldn’t get the OEM bezels and clips to be tight enough. The original installer has use some kind of adhesive and removal was a PITA. I also couldn’t get the angle of the bezel to work on the passenger side without the sensor interfering with the Roadvision lights. I just don’t recall how it was before as it has been too long. Maybe the OEM bezels are right and left and I bought the wrong one. Anyway, I like there rubber grommets better as the are simple to put in and take out.

Edit: I had to buy a package of 10 and only need two. If anyone needs a couple of these, DM me.

Last edited:
I have the Dobinsons front bumper, and I was able to order the replacement gaskets directly from them.
They might work for you.

For the 3 of you who might have a need for this, here is the ticket:

View attachment 3590002View attachment 3590003

I just couldn’t get the OEM bezels and clips to be tight enough. The original installer has use some kind of adhesive and removal was a PITA. I also couldn’t get the angle of the bezel to work on the passenger side without the sensor interfering with the Roadvision lights. I just don’t recall how it was before as it has been too long. Maybe the OEM bezels are right and left and I bought the wrong one. Anyway, I like there rubber grommets better as the are simple to put in and take out.

Edit: I had to buy a package of 10 and only need two. If anyone needs a couple of these, DM me.
I’m having issues with mine staying in my front Dissent bumper and I hadn’t considered this as an option. I wonder if this size will work or not for the Dissent?

I’m having issues with mine staying in my front Dissent bumper and I hadn’t considered this as an option. I wonder if this size will work or not for the Dissent?
I have a Dissent rear and the rubber grommets they use for it are smaller. I think the hole size is 3/4” You just need to pull one and measure the diameter of the hole. The ones I bought are for 1” holes.

I have a Dissent rear and the rubber grommets they use for it are smaller. I think the hole size is 3/4” You just need to pull one and measure the diameter of the hole. The ones I bought are for 1” holes.
Curiosity got the better of me so I took off the fog light plate to measure. Lo and behold the wiring loom had broke free and had been resting on the back of the fog lamp. Thankfully, it’s only one wire to repair…

Hole for the grommet is .75.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom