TJM Stealth Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Link doesn't work properly for me. Takes me to four links, Target, Walmart, Amazon, and Ebay. But, nothing that looks like a winch.

Don

Well, TJM does not make winches. So this is likely a UCW (Universal Chinese Winch). Only you can decide if you want to spend $455 for a UCW that you can likely get at Harbor Freight for less.

There will be no repair parts available ever for this winch, and you will likely be replacing it every 4 years or so, so only you can decide if that's what you want. It will work fine, until it doesn't.

How heavy a truck will you put this on?

If I were buying a UCW, I'd shop for the cheapest one, since you'll be replacing it anyway. A used UCW has no value. You might consider a Warn or Ramsey winch, and start with something that is better made, and will likely have spare parts available until the end of time.

Anyone have any comments on these puppies? I am staring at the cart waiting to hit the click to buy button.

TJM 12k Stealth Winch

TJM Off-Road Stealth Series Winches 947US12PDS

Almost guaranteed to come out of the same assembly line as the Badlands 12k, has lots of similarities. The difference is you are getting the sythetic line for the extra $150. This would be a toss up. I would probably just go to harbor freight and get the badlands one on sale then put some diamond line on it if you wanted synthetic. Should still be cheaper.

Almost guaranteed to come out of the same assembly line as the Badlands 12k, has lots of similarities. The difference is you are getting the sythetic line for the extra $150. This would be a toss up. I would probably just go to harbor freight and get the badlands one on sale then put some diamond line on it if you wanted synthetic. Should still be cheaper.

I have a 12k Badlands on my FJ40 the internationals are an exact copy of the Mile Marker. Everywhere i've looked synthetic line with a fairlead runs around $150 plus a wireless remote is another $40. Plus I am in CA and Summit racing doesn't charge me our 8.5% sales tax and delivers to my door for free :) There are actually parts available for the TJM as well. If you look on Summit they are closing everything out but they used to carry everything you needed to assemble the entire winch piece by piece. There is a TJM dealer in LA a couple hours away from me that says he carries all parts and can do warranty service on them. They come with a 3 year as opposed to the Badlands 90 Day(Like either if them will fail in 90 days lol).

Couple other differences I notices
Badlands is 6hp this one is 7hp
Badlands Gear Ratio is 265:1 this one is 212:1

I could have gone really ching chong meow and ask about this thing lol.

X-BULL 12V 12000LBS Electric Winch Towing Truck Trailer Synthetic Rope Off Road | eBay

My friend bought one of the $180 ebay 12k winches and next to my Badlands it looks identical. He uses it daily to pull broken forklifts, bobcats and tractors onto his flatbed. He has had it for a little over a year and is happy with everything but the battery cables it came with had the insulation rot off already haha.

Well, TJM does not make winches. So this is likely a UCW (Universal Chinese Winch). Only you can decide if you want to spend $455 for a UCW that you can likely get at Harbor Freight for less.

There will be no repair parts available ever for this winch, and you will likely be replacing it every 4 years or so, so only you can decide if that's what you want. It will work fine, until it doesn't.

How heavy a truck will you put this on?

If I were buying a UCW, I'd shop for the cheapest one, since you'll be replacing it anyway. A used UCW has no value. You might consider a Warn or Ramsey winch, and start with something that is better made, and will likely have spare parts available until the end of time.

Blah blah same old rhetoric blah

Per TJM the winches are made in their factory, sure it's in China, but it has their QC. Parts are available for the stealth, and their other winces either through online vendors, or TJM directly. Their authorized dealers also do the warranty work, and from the few people I know that run the winches, anything under warranty has been done with out hassle. Anything outside of warranty has also been taken care of by the retail shop folks "under warranty".

I saw this deal as well and couldn't walk away from it. I have a 12k sitting in my garage now $463.50 to my door (there is an $8 handling fee).

It's the 'same old rhetoric' because it's an accurate description of the most likely end result.

Will this UCW work for you ?...maybe...but if it's 'utilized', the odds are not favorable.

Little late to the party. I was happy with mine until the solenoid/contactor failed. Nothing to fix, just replace apparently. TJM has nothing on their website for replacement parts for the solenoid unit.

TJM.... disappointed

I have a 12k Badlands on my FJ40 the internationals are an exact copy of the Mile Marker. Everywhere i've looked synthetic line with a fairlead runs around $150 plus a wireless remote is another $40. Plus I am in CA and Summit racing doesn't charge me our 8.5% sales tax and delivers to my door for free :) There are actually parts available for the TJM as well. If you look on Summit they are closing everything out but they used to carry everything you needed to assemble the entire winch piece by piece. There is a TJM dealer in LA a couple hours away from me that says he carries all parts and can do warranty service on them. They come with a 3 year as opposed to the Badlands 90 Day(Like either if them will fail in 90 days lol).

Couple other differences I notices
Badlands is 6hp this one is 7hp
Badlands Gear Ratio is 265:1 this one is 212:1

I could have gone really ching chong meow and ask about this thing lol.

X-BULL 12V 12000LBS Electric Winch Towing Truck Trailer Synthetic Rope Off Road | eBay

My friend bought one of the $180 ebay 12k winches and next to my Badlands it looks identical. He uses it daily to pull broken forklifts, bobcats and tractors onto his flatbed. He has had it for a little over a year and is happy with everything but the battery cables it came with had the insulation rot off already haha.

Is your badlands 12k on an OEM bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom