TJM.... disappointed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I won it a few years ago, finally got around to putting it on...last yearm maybe two years ago. Used it once, go to use it again...and nothing.
Sad thing is it hasnt seen deep water, just the usual elements from being on the front bumper. I took it off today, expecting to just clean up some solenoids/contacts/whatever and remote mount it in the engine bay.
It's the first time I've attempted fixing one of these new winches, and maybe the riveted cover should have given it away, but c'mon TJM..really? Nothing in here that can be maintained, just replaced. Jerks. One of these units
TJM 9000lb Stealth Series Winch | TJM USA

20170504_175901.jpg

Grounds. Make sure you’ve cleaned them all up. I stupidly replaced a motor that was
repaired in the end - all for a bad ground. This is a Warn top line winch. I sure wouldn’t blame
Warn.

No resolution. My winch has just been decoration on my bumper. The problem was that inside the contactor unit there are some sealed "computer chips" type cards, and these got corroded somehow. It has nothing to do with grounds or anything else as obvious.
I've tried contacting TJM a few times and have never received a response.

Sorry to hear that. I know if it was genuine Albright you’d have pretty quick resolution.
Have you sourced a replacement? Try Runva they sell proper contactors for reasonable price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom