Tire rubbing on Radius Arm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've got 315's with stock wheels on a 2" TJM lift. I've noticed a rubbing noise when I turn at full lock, even on flat ground. Didn't think much of it as it's a relatively small lift with bigger tires. Most of my rigs in the past have rubbed somewhat here and there, so I never bothered investigating. But fooling around under the truck, I noticed there's a spot on the radius arm where the paint is rubbed off. Seems like I'm turning the tire far enough to come into contact with the radius arm.

I did a brief search and didn't see much posted about this, so I assume it's not normal. Any harm to leaving it like it is? The truck turns fine and doesn't have any other symptoms other than the light rub. If I wanted to fix, I assume it's just a simple matter of adjusting the steering stops at the knuckle?

Your thoughts, please and thank you!

Yes, I've got Landtank 4" plates. Lift was 3" before I put on my bumper. TJM springs squatted right down after that. :hillbilly:

Adjust steering stops

You most likely have too much castor correction which is rotating the axle more then need with 2” lift springs.

The caster is awesome and I wouldn't change it for the world :D Although I don't think I follow your logic. If anything, 0* or even major negative caster would create the greatest steering angle relative to the point on the arm that is rubbing.

Castor plates rotate your axle to fix the castor when using taller springs. Since your tie rod is in a fixed position on your axle when the housing is rotated with plates the tie rod will contact the control arms especially when using 4” castor correction with 2” lift.

I have 4” springs and use the 4” castor plates. I had minor rubbing.

You might have seen this already

I'm talking about the TIRE hitting the radius arm, not the tie rod :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom