Tint for the 200 (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can see in the back if you are against the window. From the inside though it looks just a tad darker than factory which was really surprising. Fortunately I live in NC so they don't really care about tint here as long as you are doing something stupid. They pretty much pull over crappy cars for tint as you are probably trying to hide something whereas nice cars with tint get a pass.

Haha true that.

But then I checked and the supposedly "live free or die" northern neighbor is worse!! No tint on the front windows at all except with the waiver that allows 35% max and the waiver needs to be renewed every 2 years and is limited to two vehicle. Eff that freedom.

This is what I did on mine and couldn't be happier in Florida sun/heat. The front side windows match nicely with the rears:

View attachment 2572010

This sounds about perfect. 70% on top of factory privacy glass = ~30% (matching your front?)

I wouldn't have even considered the windshield. Can you tell it is tinted while driving? I'm with you on wanting the windshield to be as clear as possible, but if I can get some more heat rejection that would nice and possibly worth it.

Totally forgot about the sunroof...

Do you mind sharing what this ran? Looking to get quotes here soon.

I had them match the front to the back with about 30% ceramic.

I then put clear ceramic on the back windows, sunroof, and windshield.

Makes a world of difference in the Texas sun.

It was $900 for everything.

This sounds about perfect. 70% on top of factory privacy glass = ~30% (matching your front?)

I wouldn't have even considered the windshield. Can you tell it is tinted while driving? I'm with you on wanting the windshield to be as clear as possible, but if I can get some more heat rejection that would nice and possibly worth it.

My windshield is tinted at 30% - the rest at 15%. Did not do the sunroof - was advised against it unless using a lighter film because of so much direct sunlight in Florida, the heat accumulation could possibly cause sunroof to crack. I thought what's the point of the extra expense when there is a solid cover anyway.

I used Llumar Formula One Stratos. Mine ran in the $700's. Lifetime warranty even if the windshield gets a crack. The Stratos is Llumar's top film and is on the thicker side. The 15 has 63% solar heat rejection, 66% IR rejection, 95% Selective IR rejection, +99 UV rejection, 80% glare reduction, 5% visible light reflection.

Driving with the windshield tinted is totally fine. I can see the difference because they cut the tint away behind the mirror at the top where they cannot tint, but no problems whatsoever at night.

Another one for A1 startos.

Really better than my old hyper optik and stops heat in its tracks!

Correct...the rear factory tint really only needs heat rejection, hence the 70%. 30% for the front side windows.
The windshield has a very slight blue tint, but otherwise isn't visibly noticeable. What is noticeable is the heat rejection...

Back in '19 the work was ~$800 including the windshield and sunroof.

Is 3M considered any good? I had some 3M Crystaline put on my windshield and I'm noticing microscratches all over the surface after a couple years.

Is 3M considered any good? I had some 3M Crystaline put on my windshield and I'm noticing microscratches all over the surface after a couple years.
Crystalline is 3M top tint. I plan to do that on my windshield. I have CeramicIR on my front windows and some beat up sewer installed tint across the back that I plan to replace with ceramic.

Most front windows get beaten up by the seatbelt hitting it when removed. That or dirt in the felt if you off-road with the windows down.

Remember y’all also Lexus gets privacy glass second row back. It is hued I believe but no heat rejection. I’ll have to pull out my specs if anyone is interested but if you look at my pics, matched front to rear perfectly and damn near black on outside. Have my windshield %20 which was the legal limit but it’s a clearish heat only film.

Remember y’all also Lexus gets privacy glass second row back. It is hued I believe but no heat rejection. I’ll have to pull out my specs if anyone is interested but if you look at my pics, matched front to rear perfectly and damn near black on outside. Have my windshield %20 which was the legal limit but it’s a clearish heat only film.
Cruiser gets rear tinted glass too. Has had it since 2009.

Cruiser gets rear tinted glass too. Has had it since 2009.

Really ? I though LX glass was laminated double glaze for sound etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom